Provides direct resident care using the nursing process in accordance with applicable scope and standards of practice and with the policies, values, and mission of the organization.
• Plans, implements, and evaluates resident care plans based on assessment to optimize outcomes and maximize available resources. Monitors, records, and communicates resident condition as appropriate.
• Collaborates as needed across disciplines to coordinate resident care including transfer, discharge, referral and spiritual/psychosocial support needs.
• Evaluates learning needs of patient and/or family and provides patient/family education appropriate to age, culture, condition, and circumstances.
• Effectively delegates patient care to ancillary personnel. May precept student nurses and new hires.
• Administers medications, IV Therapy and all treatments in accordance with established policy and procedure.
Competencies and skills:
• STANDARDS OF BEHAVIOR: Acts in a manner that supports the standards of communication, respect, privacy, and teamwork by demonstrating a commitment to professional and ethical conduct.
• CUSTOMER SERVICE: Demonstrates commitment to service excellence by promptly addressing internal/external customer issues/requests, resolving concerns while maintaining a professional image and behavior to build and enhance the patient/family/customer experience.
• ACCOUNTABILITY: Accepts ownership of job roles and specific assignments/goals; works independently, takes responsibility for own actions; admits mistakes and judgment errors; and accepts constructive feedback. Connects personal work results to the accomplishment of team and organizational goals.
• RESPONDING TO CHANGE: Accepts change and adapts in a positive and productive manner; handles unexpected situations and changes in direction calmly and with confidence. Views new assignments and job responsibilities as an opportunity for growth.
• PATIENT SAFETY - NURSING: Complies with and ensures patient safety practices in the clinical setting.
• DEVELOPMENT AND IMPLEMENTATION OF PLAN OF CARE: Develops and implements a nursing care plan based on the patient's individual needs, an interdisciplinary approach, and evidence-based practices.
• PROBLEM SOLVING: Ability to identify, analyze and effectively solve problems.
• ORGANIZATION SKILLS: Organizes work to achieve maximum efficiency.
• PATIENT AND FAMILY CENTERED CARE: "Provides Patient and Family Centered Care to patients, families, visitors and internal customers"
• KNOWLEDGE OF DISEASE PROCESS: Applies knowledge of practices and interventions for specific populations with specific conditions.
• Accredited Program
• AHCA Background Screening
• BLS Certification
• Registered Nurse License
Education equivalent experience:
• Graduate of an accredited Registered/Professional Nursing program
Complexity of Work: Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
Required Work Experience: 1 year nursing experience
• Bending and Stooping 80.00%
• Climbing 40.00%
• Keyboard Entry 80.00%
• Kneeling 80.00%
• Lifting/Carrying Patients 35 Pounds or Greater 80.00%
• Lifting or Carrying 0 - 25 lbs Non-Patient 80.00%
• Lifting or Carrying 25.01 lbs - 75 lbs Non-Patient 80.00%
• Lifting or Carrying > 75 lbs Non-Patient 80.00%
• Pushing or Pulling 0 - 25 lbs Non-Patient 80.00%
• Pushing or Pulling 26 - 75 lbs Non-Patient 80.00%
• Pushing or Pulling > 75 lbs Non-Patient 80.00%
• Reaching 80.00%
• Repetitive Movement Hand/Arm 80.00%
• Running 40.00%
• Sitting 60.00%
• Squatting 80.00%
• Standing 80.00%
• Walking 80.00%
• Audible Speech 80.00%
• Hearing Acuity 80.00%
• Depth Perception 80.00%
• Distinguish Color 80.00%
• Seeing - Far 80.00%
• Seeing - Near 80.00%
• Bio hazardous Waste 80.00%
• Biological Hazards - Respiratory 80.00%
• Biological Hazards - Skin or Ingestion 80.00%
• Blood and/or Bodily Fluids 80.00%
• Communicable Diseases and/or Pathogens 80.00%
• Asbestos 40.00%
• Cytotoxic Chemicals 40.00%
• Dust 60.00%
• Gas/Vapors/Fumes 60.00%
• Hazardous Chemicals 60.00%
• Hazardous Medication 60.00%
• Latex 60.00%
• Computer Monitor 80.00%
• Moving Mechanical Parts 80.00%
• Needles/Sharp Objects 80.00%
• Potential for Physical Assault 60.00%
• Wet or Slippery Surfaces 60.00%
Since 1989, Memorial Manor has provided safe, compassionate and personalized care in a warm and inviting setting. This 120-bed nursing home offers individualized attention and treatment to help meet each resident’s needs. Seventy percent of Memorial Manor’s dedicated staff have been with the facility for 10 or more years, providing superior care that includes:
• Short-Term Rehabilitation Care
• Long-Term Convalescent Care
• Entrée to Award-Winning Healthcare at Memorial Healthcare System
• Superior Facilities
Memorial Manor has consistently maintained its rank in the top 1 percent in patient satisfaction. In fact, it has never scored below Press Ganey’s 99th percentile as one of the best possible places to receive nursing home services. US News & World Report has named Memorial Manor one of the nation’s Best
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended, nor should it be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification.