Join the #1 hospital in Wisconsin!
We are seeking a Pre/Post/PACU RN to:
- Provide care with patients in age groups including adolescent, adult, and geriatric and their families.
- Evaluate patient’s responses to care based on effectiveness of nursing interventions/actions in relationship to established goals.
Minimum - Associate Degree in Nursing
Preferred - Bachelors of Science in Nursing
Minimum - One (1) year of current surgical general care or emergency department experience
Preferred - Two (2) years of current independent PACU, critical care, or ICU experience
Licenses and Certifications:
Minimum - Registration as a professional nurse in the State of Wisconsin. CPR certification.
Preferred – ACLS, PALS.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Knowledge regarding quality improvement and standards of care within practice area
- Experience in teaching patients and families
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to effectively delegate and supervise the work of other nursing team members
On-call required. Call response time of 60 minutes (60 minutes from phone call, dressed in scrubs and reporting to charge nurse).
Medium: Ability to lift up to 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
Per Diem Nurse, option 1B: Per Diem Registered Nurses must commit to work a minimum of thirty-two (32) hours per four (4) week scheduling period in direct patient care. One shift must be an evening, night, weekend or holiday shift as applicable to operations.
UW Health at The American Center – on Madison’s east side – is UW Health’s newest hospital and one of the most advanced hospitals and wellness centers in the country. Here, health care is seen as a holistic endeavor where our mission is to not only diagnose and treat you when you’re sick, but also to partner with you in health and wellness.
UW Health values and embraces diversity and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.