EvergreenHealth is seeking an Experienced Operating Room RN to join the well- established, dynamic operating room surgery team.
1. Provides direct patient care and functions as a patient advocate.
2. Assesses the comprehensive nursing needs of an assigned group of patients.
3. Coordinates the patient and family/significant other education process.
4. Continuously plans, implements, and evaluates patient care, incorporating patient and family/significant other into the process.
5. Participates with physician partners and other interdisciplinary team members to develop and implement patient and family/significant other plan of care.
6. Communicates effectively all relevant information (e.g., patient information, safety issues, problems with equipment, quality issues, etc.) to immediate supervisor, in timely way.
7. Communicates and documents changes in patient condition, on a timely basis, to charge nurse/supervisor and physician.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
License, Certification, Education or Experience:
REQUIRED for the position:
? Bachelor’s in Nursing (BSN) required within 5 years of employment if applicable
? Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Washington
? Current Healthcare Provider BLS certification by date of hire
? 1-year experience within the last 3 years of care delivery in a Main Operating Room or multispecialty Ambulatory Surgery OR setting. Note: This requirement may be waived at the discretion of the hiring manager for applicants with comparable experience in a related role, such as Surgical Technologist; or for those applicants who have successfully completed a perioperative nurse-training program or residency which includes both clinical and didactic components.
? Completion of unit competencies for perioperative care within probationary period (2 months for departmental transfers)
? Proficiency in aseptic technique and surgical site infection prevention practices.
? Proficiency in the creation and implementation of Perioperative nursing care plans, including interventions to prevent unintended harm, such as wrong site surgery or retained surgical items.
? Understanding and ability to apply radiation and laser safety principles.
? Working knowledge and ability to apply the standards and recommended practices of the Association of PeriOperative Registered Nurses (AORN).
? Proficiency in implementing safe sharps handling practices
DESIRED for the position:
? Master’s degree in Nursing
? CNOR Certification
? Scrub experience in three or more surgical specialties (e.g. Ortho, General Surgery, Urology).
Additional pay for BSN / MSN and CNOR.
This position is covered by a collective bargaining agreement between EvergreenHealth and the Washington State Nurses Association (WSNA). Union membership is optional.