Company: Vighter is a physician-led firm accredited by The Joint Commission and is verified as a service-disabled veteran-owned business by the VA. Since 2005 our company has provided healthcare services on challenging programs in support our Federal government clients. Our healthcare staff have performed Search and Rescue operations in Africa as well as Asia, assisted with the Ebola response effort, supported ICE with in-flight emergency medical services, conducted physical examinations for veterans seeking disability determinations, and many other missions. Apply today and our recruiting team will contact you within 24 hours.
Title: Registered Nurse- Telemetry (Rotating)
Position Type: Temp to permanent hire
Location: York, PA
Reports to: Project Manager
Shift Type: Rotating, 12-hour days, D/N rotation, every third weekend rotation, no on call
Vighter is recruiting a contract Registered Nurse who under the general supervision of the Nurse Manager, provides professional nursing care at the beginner practitioner level within an assigned unit according to established procedures, protocols, and regulations. Coordinates care planning with other disciplines. May require specialized skills depending on unit assignment. Candidates will be required to pass an EKG test and be able to interpret ECG rhythm strips during orientation.Candidates cannot be considered if they have been employed as a perm hire at any Wellspan site within the last year. Nicotine Free. All time off and schedule requests must be included with submission!
- Interviews patient and family to formulate a nursing history.
- Implements changes in physician's orders in a timely manner.
- Explains treatments and procedures to patient and family.
- Identifies the need to involve other disciplines in the patient's care.
- Tests a patient's heart rate, blood pressure and other vitals.
- Monitors patients that are often in critical condition.
- Examines assigned patients and gives nursing care.
- Reports abnormal diagnostic data and clinical changes in the patient's condition.
- Current unrestricted Pennsylvania license to practice as a registered nurse Required
- BLS certification (from American Heart Association) Required
- ACLS Preferred
- Nicotine Free Required
- Shall not have been convicted of a felony
- Shall be able to read, write, and speak English
- Shall be able to operate a personal computer utilizing Microsoft applications, such as Explorer, Outlook, Word, Excel, etc. so as to efficiently create and/or utilize an Electronic Medical Record
- Evidence of graduation from baccalaureate, associate, or diploma nursing program in nursing for registered nurse Required
- 2+ years of telemetry experience Required
- Nicotine Free Required
- Flu Vaccine Required
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Must be able to sit for more than 8 hours per day
- Must be willing to work overtime if necessary
- Must be able to use an elevator or walk up and down stairs
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds and carry up to 10 feet
- Must be able to routinely grasp or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbows/knees and reach above and below shoulders
- Must be able to read and interpret handwritten and typewritten print
- Must be able to communicate by voice and detect sound by ear
- Must be able to pass a criminal background investigation
- Must be able to pass a urine drug screen
- General Liability, Professional Liability, and Medical Malpractice Insurance paid for by the company
- Full-time employees receive Health, Dental, Vision, Basic Life, Voluntary Life, Accidental Disability & Dismemberment, 4% retirement match 401K, Short-term and Long-term Disability, Critical Illness, and Accident Coverage