1000 Montauk Highway West Islip, NY 11795
Full Time, with Weekend and Holiday rotation
Registered Nurse (RN) – Emergency Department (ED)
The Emergency Department at Good Samaritan was voted one of Long Island's Best Emergency Rooms by Long Island Business News
Are you exceedingly driven, dedicated, and passionate about caring for your patients? Do you consistently create and nurture meaningful relationships with your team, your patients, and their loved ones. Can you strike the perfect balance of integrity, compassion, accountability, respect, and excellence?
Then you have what it takes to be a Good Samaritan Nurse. You are at the heart of health.
Our Emergency Room RN's:
- Triage, assess, prioritize, monitor, and manage overall care for emergent cases for pediatric and adult cases.
- Treat patients for services including, but not limited to critical care, rapid response codes, and trauma cases in an ACS Certified Level II Trauma Center.
- Partner with an interdisciplinary team including, but not limited to, attending physicians, registered nurses (RN), and ancillary staff to optimize patient outcomes and satisfaction.
- Advocate for and build meaningful relationships with patients and their loved ones through safety intervention, emotional support and education.
What you'll bring:
- Passion for the Emergency Room
- 1 years of Registered Nurse (RN) experience in a high volume, fast paced Emergency Department
- 1 years of semi-acute Registered Nurse (RN) experience
- Education: Bachelors of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree
- Will consider Associates Degree if enrolled in an accredited BSN program
- Licensure: New York Registered Nurse (RN) License & Registration
- Certification: Basic Life Support (BLS) required, Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) required, Certified Emergency Nurse (CEN), Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC), or Critical Care Registered Nurse (CCRN) preferred.
Good Samaritan Hospital Medical Center is a 537- bed (including 100 nursing home beds) teaching hospital and a member of Catholic Health Services of Long Island. With almost 900 physicians on staff, and a level II Trauma Center, we care for well over 100,000 patients annually across the south shore of Long Island. Our reputation for excellence is built on great choices and empowered leadership, and fosters a team that's focused on evidence based practice, continual learning and exceptional quality of care.
At Catholic Health Services of Long Island your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future.
- Apply Now
- Apply Later
- Click Here to Apply
- Return to Search Results
- New Search