RN Wound Care Coordinator Full Time Days
Provides nursing and wound care at the Continuing Care Center.
1. Knowledge of HDMC policy/procedure, wound care treatment requirements for own and others positions. Ensures that self and others apply nursing principles, techniques and practices according to HDMC policies and procedures. Promotes professional environment of care.
2. Demonstrates a understanding of Title XXII, and OBRA requirements applicable to Post Acute Care. Demonstrates competence in the care of all age groups in determining each resident’s age-related and other physical, psychological and cultural needs and activities. Residents are treated with sensitivity according to their needs and age.
3. Creates implements and manages the SNF wound care program for all patients residing within the facility. The program must include but not be limited to: admission process for patients that require wound care and/or treatments, process for rounding on patients that require treatments on at least a weekly basis, documentation requirements for appropriate reimbursement via Minimum Data Sets (MDS) assessments.
4. Completes care plan sections related to wound care treatments for all patients that require treatments, communicates with unit secretaries to order appropriate wound care supplies including but not limited to: wound vacuums and specialty beds.
5. Creates and fosters relationships with physicians to ensure that most appropriate treatment options for patients are being considered. Utilizes community resources to ensure that patients receive appropriate wound care.
6. Acts as a point person for vendors regarding the use and implementation of specialized wound care treatments. Administers intra-venous medications as needed.
7. Acts as a leader and content master regarding wound care treatments. Provides at least six in-services for staff members at the facility.
8. Attends all Interdisciplinary Team (IDT) Meetings when patients with wounds are being reviewed. Works in conjunction with the MDS coordinator to ensure proper nursing documentation.
9. Attends all weekly Weight and Wound meetings and Care Plan Meetings, acts as a liaison between the facility and physician regarding wound care treatments.
10. Other duties as assigned.
11. Reports directly to the Director of Nursing.
• Considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, and crouching
• Heavy physical effort (lift/carry up to 50lbs)
• Lifts, positions and/or transfers residents
• Occasional prolonged standing and walking
• Occasionally lift supplies/equipment
• Contact with residents/patients under a wide variety of circumstances
• May be exposed to infections/contagious diseases
• Regularly exposed to risk of blood borne diseases
• Requires judgment/action which could result in the death of a resident
Minimum Education/Certification/ Experience:
• Current California Registered Nurse (RN)
• BLS Certification
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.