As the leading integrated energy services company, Shawcor is responsible for protecting the integrity of operational assets across the world.
Succeeding in our current markets and pursuing our growth vision is made possible by our people. In addition to intelligence, dedication and professionalism, we look for individuals who embody our values. These include integrity, execution and technology, with a foundation of accountability, respect and doing the right thing.
Integrity is the foundation on which we were built. And it's not just in how we operate'it's behind every product we engineer. Its part of every new project we take on. And it's the promise that we give our customers.
At Shawcor, we have built a true team environment where all employees are empowered to contribute to the success of the company.
The Pipeline Performance business unit focuses on protecting pipelines by using industry-leading technologies. It's made up of four companies Bredero Shaw, Canusa-CPS, Dhatec and Socotherm who together offer full-service support for our customers' projects. They offer Advanced coating technologies and logistics services for maximum protection and throughput.
The Rolling Stock Mechanic will be responsible for all Mobile Equipment/Rolling Stock maintenance and repair, as well as maintaining/organization of the rolling stock shop.
- General maintenance of company vehicles and forklifts.
- Change tires and wheels as needed.
- Maintain levels of spare parts and storage
- Drives fuel truck for diesel units.
- Operates forklift as required.
- Performs preventative maintenance inspections and forms.
- Responsible for the proper handling of hazardous substances.
- Responsible for housekeeping in general area.
- Any additional duties as instructed by the supervisor.
- Communicate with Supervisor and Superintendent on rolling stock needs
- Communicate with Purchasing Department for supplies
Education & Minimum Requirements
- High School Graduate or GED
- Trade School Certification: Diesel Mechanic or equivalent
- Understand and follow all workplace Health and Safety rules and standards.
- Inspect and use any/all equipment, machine guards, safety devices, and PPE required for safe work.
- Report injuries, spills, incidents, near misses, unsafe acts, and all hazards immediately.
- Work and act safely and help others to work and act safely.
- Cooperate with SHAWCOR safety team with any HSE issues.
- Never stand on or get in between pipe.
- Knowledge of tools and equipment
- Heavy lifting
- Flammable and hazardous material storage.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however we cannot accept telephone calls regarding this position. All recruiting activities are managed via our applicant tracking system. Please apply online to be considered for this opportunity.
Shawcor welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process. To begin a conversation about your individual accessibility needs throughout our recruitment process, please contact our HR team at firstname.lastname@example.org.