Roof Loader Striker
Myrtle Beach Building Supply, located in Murrells inlet and Little Rivers, S.C., has been supplying high-quality building materials and tools since 2002. Contractors, builders, homeowners, and do-it-yourself remodelers can come to us for comprehensive range of construction materials. This position will support the driver with deliveries and the branch operation by working in the warehouse and loading and unloading roofing material both in the yard and rooftop.
Things you should know about working at Myrtle Beach Building Supply:
- We are all about teamwork! All positions are hands on and we band together as needed.
- We support each other.
- We work hard. We are a continuous improvement driven organization and we are focused on keeping organized and on task.
How You Will Spend Your Days as a Roof Loader/Striker:
- Pull, stage and load orders onto ongoing trucks by repetitive lifting of up to 100 pounds per item
- Assist driver in inspecting materials scheduled for delivery too confirm that shipment is correct and it is properly loaded and secured
- Ride with driver to job sites and unload roofing products
- Assist driver in evaluating delivery site, noting potential hazards, obstacles or physical damage. Guide driver in maneuvering onto and off customers property to avoid damage
- Catch material off of conveyor and stack shingle bundles and other roofing material as directed
- Support driver in maintaining a clean and safe work vehicle
- Assist warehouse associates and direct supervisor in maintaining a safe and organized work environment
- Receiving of incoming roofing products, commodities and materials
- Stock all roofing materials received in appropriate bins or storage locations
- Count, verify and unload incoming orders and shipments
- Assist inventory control in counting and organizing roofing materials
- Operate forklift with foot and hand controls in a safe manner to complete orders onto delivery equipment
- Keep all bays stocked and neat to facilitate efficient load building processes
We want you to join the team if you can check these boxes:
- Minimum of 1 year experience as striker or roof loader and previous experience working in warehouse environment
- Forklift operation and license is highly preferred
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work in a fast pace changing work environment
- Ability to work in heights ranging from 1-3 story residential buildings or 1-2 story commercial roofs
- Physical demands include standing, walking or sitting for extended periods of time. Bending or stooping, lifting up to 100 pounds consistently and working in adverse weather conditions
- Health care benefits, starting the first of month after 30 days of employment
- 401(k) with company match
- Closed holidays
- Paid time off
- Employee discount
- We�ll support your educational and career goals with our continuous education programs
If you are a motivated individual looking to join a great team we hope to hear from you soon!