Roof Loader Striker-WE ARE GROWING�Build YOUR future as we continue to build ours in the Maryland market!
Universal Supply, a division of US LBM is expanding our footprint in the Maryland market with our NEW Easton location. We currently seek experienced, motivated Roof Loader Striker Associates to join the team. This position will support the driver with deliveries and the branch operation by working in the warehouse and loading and unloading roofing material both in the yard and rooftop.
While quality building supply products are important to us, our success is due to our greatest asset, our people. Universal Supply�s team of dedicated professionals have expert knowledge of our products and our industry. We recognize and appreciate the important role and contributions all our associates make to our daily business operations.
Things you should know about working at Universal Supply Company:
- We are all about teamwork! All positions are hands on and we band together when necessary.
- We support each other. We have local and corporate team members to help you along the way and partner on projects as appropriate.
- We are a relaxed atmosphere, this is not a suit and tie environment.
- We work hard. We are a metric driven organization and we are focused on keeping organized and on task.
- We recognize the importance of each and every internal and external customer.
A few duties in your Roof Loader Striker role:
- Pull, stage and load orders onto ongoing trucks by repetitive lifting of up to 100 pounds per item
- Assist driver in inspecting materials scheduled for delivery to confirm that shipment is correct and it is properly loaded and secured
- Ride with driver to job sites and unload roofing products
- Assist driver in evaluating delivery site, noting potential hazards, obstacles or physical damage. Guide driver in maneuvering onto and off customers property to avoid damage
- Catch material off conveyor and stack shingle bundles and other roofing material as directed
- Support driver in maintaining a clean and safe work vehicle
- Assist warehouse associates and direct supervisor in maintaining a safe and organized work environment
- Receiving of incoming roofing products, commodities and materials
- Stock all roofing materials received in appropriate bins or storage locations
- Count, verify and unload incoming orders and shipments
- Assist inventory control in counting and organizing roofing materials
- Operate forklift with foot and hand controls in a safe manner to complete orders onto delivery equipment
- Keep all bays stocked and neat to facilitate efficient load building processes
- Health care benefits, starting the first of month after 30 days of employment
- 401(k) with company match
- Closed holidays
- Paid time off
- Employee discount
- Competitive wage and bonus program
We want you to join the team if you can check these boxes:
- Minimum of 1 year experience as striker or roof loader and previous experience working in warehouse environment
- Forklift operation and license is highly preferred
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work in a fast pace changing work environment
- Ability to work in heights ranging from 1-3 story residential buildings or 1-2 story commercial roofs
- Physical demands include standing, walking or sitting for extended periods of time. Bending or stooping, lifting up to 100 pounds consistently and working in adverse weather conditions
Founded in 1965, Universal Supply is a trusted resource for the professional home builder, remodeler, and consumer of quality building supplies and services throughout New Jersey, southeastern Pennsylvania, northern Delaware, north and eastern Maryland, and central Connecticut.