BUILD YOUR FUTURE AS WE BUILD OURS!
Founded in 1965, Universal Supply is a trusted resource for the professional home builder, remodeler, and consumer of quality building supplies and services throughout New Jersey, Southeastern Pennsylvania, Delaware, North/Eastern shore Maryland and Central Connecticut.
While products are important, our success is due to our greatest asset, our people. Universal recognizes and appreciates the important role and contributions our drivers, roof walkers, and warehouse associates make to our daily business operations.
Our Roof Walkers have the opportunity to learn our building product business by supporting the commercial driver making deliveries and assisting the warehouse operations team.
Universal is expanding our �footprint� in the Maryland market. We are opening our latest branch in Easton, MD and seeking to add a Roof Walker to our team.
Things you should know about working at Universal Supply:
- We are all about teamwork! All positions are hands on and we band together when necessary
- We support each other and we work hard
- We are a metric driven organization and we are focused on keeping organized and on task
Job duties include but not limited to:
- Pull, stage, and load orders onto outgoing trucks by the repetitive lifting of up to 100 pounds per item
- Ride with the driver to the job site to unload roofing product at the job site
- Unload and stack shingle bundles and other roofing material while on roofs as directed
- Receive in-coming roofing products, commodities, and materials; stock all roofing material received in appropriate bins or storage locations
- Operate forklift with foot and hand controls in a safe manner to complete orders onto delivery equipment
- Treat customers, contractors, and associates in a courteous, considerate, and cooperative manner
Things you need to be successful:
- High School or GED preferred
- 1 to 2 years as striker or roof loader; 1-year warehouse experience. Forklift operation and a license are preferred
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work in a fast pace, ever-changing environment
- Must be comfortable with heights and willing and able to get on roof tops to load and move material
- Ability to work in heights ranging from 1 to 3 story residential buildings and 1 to 2 story commercial roofs
- Physical demands include standing, walking or sitting for extended periods of time, bending or stooping, lifting up to 100 pounds consistently and working in adverse weather conditions
- Pass drug screenings
- Health care, life insurance, disability benefits starting the first of months after 30 days of employment
- 401(k) with company match
- Closed holidays
- Paid time off
- Employee discount
- Support career goals with our continuing education programs with opportunities in sales, operations, logistics, and management
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for interview based upon experience will be contacted.
It is Universal Supply Company�s policy not to discriminate against anyone because of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual identity and preference, marital status, disability, or national origin. Discrimination is prohibited in promotions, transfers, demotions, rates of pay, selection for training, or in any forms of compensation.