PetersenDean Roofing and Solar Systems is one of the largest independent roofing and solar companies in the United States. With divisions in Arizona, California, Florida, Nevada and Texas, PetersenDean installs new roofs, provides re-roofing services, and designs and installs solar power systems for homeowners, commercial customers and home builders. Founded more than 30 years ago on the belief that good roofs are built by good people, we continue to take pride in every roof we build today. Our commitment to safety, superior quality customer service, and the environment has earned us an industry-wide reputation for excellence.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience in construction project management, be organized, motivated, detail-oriented and driven.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviewing Architectural and Structural plans prior to bidding
- Reviewing Specifications prior to bidding
- Using image software, AutoCAD, and Microsoft Excel based “BidMaster” (In house Estimating Software) to produce detailed and accurate bids
- Schedules time effectively to meet due dates put forth by Sales
- Does plan revisions and price revisions
- Organizes paperwork in folders prior to being reviewed by a manager
- Attends all Estimating meetings
- Special projects that pertain to Estimating and Sales locally
- Screens the estimating e-mail for information pertaining to bids and the Estimating system
- Communicates with Sales, Operations, the Estimating Administrator and Estimating Manager daily
- May get quotes for material and labor as needed to accurately bid a job out.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 3+ years’ experience in roofing estimates
- Able to read architectural plans and develop cost estimates
- Strong understanding of residential and commercial roofing construction
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, Edge, and Plan Swift.
- Able to multi-task and meet strict deadlines
- Impeccable problem-solving skills
Petersen-Dean, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factors
Job Type: Full-time