Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort is located on Florida’s Emerald Coast between Pensacola and Panama City, eight miles east of Destin. The 2,400-acre Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort is the premier destination in Northwest Florida.
Clean guest rooms as assigned and public areas ensuring the Resort’s established standards of cleanliness. Responsible for reporting any maintenance deficiencies and handling guest requests or complaints. Ensures the confidentiality and security of all guest rooms.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Clean rooms--according to Sandestin standards.
2. Obtains list of vacant rooms which need to be cleaned immediately and list of prospective check outs in order to prepare work assignments.
3. Advises manager or desk clerk of rooms ready for occupancy by entering code in phone or calling housekeeping dispatch.
4. Examines rooms, halls, and lobbies to determine need for repairs or replacement of furniture, housewares or equipment, and makes recommendations to management
5. Distribute linen, towels and room supplies using wheeled carts or by hand
6. Restock room supplies such as drinking glasses, soaps, shampoos, writing supplies
7. Strips bedding and makes the beds with clean linen.
8. Replace dirty linens with clean items.
9. Inspect and turn mattresses regularly.
10. Store all dirty laundry in line with company policy.
11. Check all appliances in rooms are in working order.
12. Realign furniture and amenities according to prescribed layout.
13. Respond to guest queries and requests.
14. Respond to calls for housekeeping problems such as spills, broken glasses.
15. Deliver any requested housekeeping items to guest rooms.
16. Organize and restock cart at the end of the shift.
17. Ensure confidentiality and security of guest rooms.
18. Follow all company safety and security procedures.
19. Report any maintenance issues or safety hazards.
20. Observe and report damage of hotel property.
21. Attends periodic staff meetings with other department heads to discuss company policies and patrons' complaints, and to make recommendations to improve service and ensure more efficient operation
22. Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience Requirements
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Knowledge of cleaning and sanitation products, techniques and methods preferred.
• Knowledge of cleaning sensitive materials preferred.
• Physical stamina and mobility including ability to reach, kneel, and bend.
• Ability to lift, push and pull required load (usually about 30 - 50lbs).
Knowledge, Skill and Ability Requirements
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort is open and operational 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Employees are required to be available to work days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
Valid driver’s license that has been in effect for at least three years, with no major violations and no more than two minor violations in the past three years.
Rules and Regulations
All employees must adhere to all safety rules and regulations required by local, State and Federal authorities, wear the appropriate personal protective equipment necessary to perform the job in a safe manner and will follow all safety rules per the Company’s Safety Policy.
Must be able to speak, read, write and comprehend the English language.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to walk.
- The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals and outside weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies
1. Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
2. Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
3. Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
4. Diversity - Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
5. Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
6. Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
7. Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
8. Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
9. Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
10. Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
11. Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
12. Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
13. Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
14. Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
15. Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
16. Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
17. Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
18. Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.