You bring your body, mind, heart and spirit to your work as a Room Service Attendant.
You know how to move fast. You know how to stay organized. You know how to have fun.
You’re equally comfortable with delivering trays, assisting patients with menu questions, using various cleaning chemicals, and providing excellent customer service.
You’re great at what you do, but you want to be part of something even greater. Because you believe that while individuals can be strong, the right team is invincible.
Good Samaritan Medical Center is part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit healthcare organization that focuses on person-centered care. At our 234-bed Level II Trauma Center, our mission is to bring health and hope to the poor, the vulnerable, our communities and each other. We’re especially proud of our people, who helped make us one of America’s 100 Best Hospitals according to Healthgrades.
Benefits are one of the ways we encourage health for you and your family. Our generous package includes medical, dental and vision coverage. But health is more than a well-working body: it encompasses body, mind and social well-being. To that end, we’ve launched a Healthy Living program to address your holistic health. Healthy Living includes financial incentives, digital tools, tobacco cessation, classes, counseling and paid time off. We also offer financial wellness tools and retirement planning.
Together we’ll align mission and careers, values and workplace. We’ll honor each other’s dignity and surpass the standards we set. We’ll encourage joy, demand safety and take pride in our integrity.
We’ll laugh at each other’s jokes. We’ll hello and high five. We’ll celebrate milestones and acknowledge the value of spirituality in healing.
We’re proud of what we know, which includes how much there is to learn.
As a Room Service Attendant you need to know how to:
- Distribute menus and deliver and pick up patient meal trays.
- Communicate proper procedure for using Room Service to patient. Communicate with diet office in regard to patient’s meals.
- Assemble patient food trays accurately, working as part of a Room Service driven production line; place appropriate and correctly portioned menu items, following individual selections.
- Check all food items for quality before serving.
- Order par stock for floor kitchen and put it away.
- Report equipment malfunctions to Lead or Manager.
- Follow safety practices to include but not limited to equipment safety, guards, spills cleaned up immediately and chemical usage, gloves and safety glasses used, (appropriate PPE) and preventing burns.
- May record temperatures.
We hire people, not resumes. But we also expect excellence, which is why we require:
- Previous food service and customer service experience, preferred
- High School Diploma or equivalent, preferred
- Hazardous Analysis of Critical Control Point (HACCP) training to be obtained after hire
Your next move.
Now that you know more about being a Room Service Attendant on our team we hope you’ll join us. At SCL Health you’ll reaffirm every day how much you love this work, and why you were called to it in the first place.