We are currently looking for a Room Service Order Taker to join our team at our property.
Key responsibilities of a Room Service Order taker include:
• To understand and respond to all guest needs and requests in a timely and professional manner, deferring to the F&B Manager when necessary, to ensure customer satisfaction.
• To be thoroughly familiar with the Room Service menu, to be able to promote the sale of menu items.
• To be thoroughly familiar with amenity procedures and Room Service Banquet Event order activities.
• To facilitate the professional handling of room and pool side service orders by promptly and courteously answering telephones, and accurately entering orders and payment into the SMS computer.
• To follow all specified procedures to correctly count and document the Room Service bank, at the open and close of each shift.
• To follow all specified procedures to correctly handle all cash and credit transactions, and the SMS computer system.
• To deliver grab and go orders when requested.
• To represent athe Riviera Palm Springs in a positive and professional manner as requested and continually promote CRS internally and externally by attending special events when requested and building relationships both on and off property.
• To promote and comply with all policies and procedures of Evolution Hospitality.
• To immediately report all suspicious occurrences and hazardous conditions and avoid injury to self and others.
• To maintain the cleanliness and safety of work areas and equipment at all times.
• To attend all mandatory meetings as directed.
• To perform other tasks, including cross-training, as directed.
• To adhere to the attendance and punctuality policy as outlined in the Evolution Hospitality Handbook
• To report to work as scheduled and be prepared to start work.
• To remain at work for the entire work shift, except for meal and rest periods or when required to leave on authorized Evolution Hospitality business.
JOB KNOWLEDGE & EDUCATIONAL LEVEL: High school diploma or equivalent required. English fluency required. Must have strong basic math skills, and familiarity with standard computer systems and programs. Must display knowledge of currently accepted business telephone etiquette. Hotel experience preferred.
SKILLS AND APTITUDES: Detail oriented. Organized and efficient. Learns quickly. Safety-minded. High quality standards for production and service. Diplomatic and calm. Strong verbal communication skills. Courteous, friendly and professional manner. Good team player. Customer service focus. Able to work productively with little supervision. Trustworthy and reliable.Must have or obtain Food Servers Certification card.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Works indoors and outdoors throughout shift in clean, well-lighted Room Service area. Room Service area is small, somewhat confined. Temperature caries according to season. Exposed to kitchen environment, where air may be moist, warm and odorous from cooking foods. Extensive property.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Sits approximately 70% of shift. Stands/walks approximately 30% of shift. Frequent use of phone daily.
IMPACT OF DECISION: Decisions directly impact customer service and the public image of the hotel. Poor decisions may result in customer dissatisfaction and loss of revenues, due to unprofessional manner, lack of product knowledge, unsafe work practices or improperly handled customer service situations.
GENERAL: Must comply with the Company’s Appearance and Dress Code policy as set forth in the Employee Handbook.
JOB CLASSIFICATION: The position is classified as Full-Time and, upon completion of the Introductory Period, the employee is eligible for the Employee Benefits outlined in the Employee Handbook. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Company reserves the right to amend, change or discontinue the policies, practices and benefits described in the handbook at any time and without notice.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
About Evolution Hospitality
Headquartered in Orange County, CA, Evolution Hospitality is one of the top privately-owned hotel management companies in the US. Evolution Hospitality has a well-defined vision, a strong sense of values and guiding principles, and a long-range, quality-minded approach to business. From unassuming beginnings with a single property, today Evolution Hospitality is recognized as a first-class operator of hotels.
We are proud to offer candidates a dynamic career, personal growth, a strong tradition of mutual trust, integrity and an opportunity to make an impact on the business. Simply put, it means that it feels a bit different to work here. We are universally driven by our fundamental values and beliefs. At Evolution Hospitality, all associates are selected and evaluated on two criteria equally: results and culture. Honesty and humility are equally important as intellect and ability, and each member of the team embraces the challenge of becoming a better human being, both personally and professionally, as part of the package. Superstars are those individuals that not only create value for the company but also genuinely embrace and live Evolution Hospitality’s unique culture.
Are you ready to evolve? If you are interested in establishing a solid career and taking giant strides in personal growth, Evolution Hospitality is just the family you’re looking for.