We are currently looking for a Rooms Controller at our property.
As a Rooms Controller, you’ll work with the Front Office Team to block and coordinate guest room assignments in order to maximize room revenue and efficiencies based on guest arrival and departure patterns. In addition, you will be responsible for assigning show rooms, ensuring proper handling of airline contract rooms, preparing express check-ins, interacting with sales managers regarding the proper handling of special groups, interacting with housekeeping regarding VIP arrivals and expediting rooms, running various reports, and making individual reservations as needed.
Key responsibilities of a Rooms Controller include:
- Monitoring special requests from Guestware and Elite Guests profiles on a daily basis
- Pre-blocking room assignments for arriving Groups and Resume requests
- Posting advance purchase deposits and setting up share accounts in advance. Updating rate sheets and rates in PMS. Completing task checklist.
- Training and reviewing policies and procedures with new hires and current associates to ensure consistency in both knowledge and skill levels
- Answering incoming phone calls directed toward the Front Desk and resolving the call inquiries
- Understanding all aspects of Signature Response. Seeking out hotel and local interest information to provide informed responses to guest inquiries. Ensuring all guest requests are documented, that we respond quickly, and that the associate completing the request or delivery “closes the loop” with the requestor
- Checking credit authorization error reports, clearing errors and obtaining new method of payment
The ideal Rooms Controller candidate will possess strong communication skills and a clear understanding of guest service in a hotel environment.
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
- Minimum of one year front office operations or rooms controller experience in a hotel property of similar size and quality
- Must be highly organized, results oriented with the ability to be flexible and work well under pressure in a fast-paced changing environment
- Ability to handle stressful situations in a calm, professional manner and exhibit good judgment
- Must have the ability to communicate clearly and directly with guests using a positive, clear speaking voice
- Strong interpersonal skills: ability to get along with diverse personalities, tactful and flexible
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of MARSHA and PMS computer system helpful
- Ability to work a varied schedule that may include evenings, nights, and weekends
An Equal Opportunity Employer
About Evolution Hospitality
Headquartered in Orange County, CA, Evolution Hospitality is one of the top privately-owned hotel management companies in the US. Evolution Hospitality has a well-defined vision, a strong sense of values and guiding principles, and a long-range, quality-minded approach to business. From unassuming beginnings with a single property, today Evolution Hospitality is recognized as a first-class operator of hotels.
We are proud to offer candidates a dynamic career, personal growth, a strong tradition of mutual trust, integrity and an opportunity to make an impact on the business. Simply put, it means that it feels a bit different to work here. We are universally driven by our fundamental values and beliefs. At Evolution Hospitality, all associates are selected and evaluated on two criteria equally: results and culture. Honesty and humility are equally important as intellect and ability, and each member of the team embraces the challenge of becoming a better human being, both personally and professionally, as part of the package. Superstars are those individuals that not only create value for the company but also genuinely embrace and live Evolution Hospitality’s unique culture.
Are you ready to evolve? If you are interested in establishing a solid career and taking giant strides in personal growth, Evolution Hospitality is just the family you’re looking for.