Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a leading advisory, tax and assurance firm whose specialized professionals guide clients through an ever-changing business world, helping them win now and anticipate tomorrow. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly, and its affiliated entities, have operations in North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 145 territories, with 34,700 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.6 billion. Visit bakertilly.com or join the conversation on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
It's an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
Baker Tilly Annual Report 2018
YOU DO NOT WANT TO MISS THIS AMAZING OPPORTUNITY! This program is designed to give individuals that have (or are about to) completed a 2-year business and/or accounting degree, valuable, on-the-job work experience in a CPA firm while completing a 4-year accounting program in order to become CPA eligible. This program provides a unique opportunity to rotate throughout a variety of industry teams and service lines to receive a comprehensive overview of what working in a Public Accounting and Consulting firm is like. In addition, there is a great deal of flexibility for the Apprentice to work part-time or full-time hours based on what best meets their scheduling needs. The length of the program is fluid, adjusted to match an individual’s time needed to complete a 4-year degree.
- Rotate working on tax returns, audits and risk assurance projects (internal audit and IT audit) for external clients through a variety of industry teams including manufacturing and distribution, commercial services, construction and real estate, not-for-profit and high net worth individuals
- Gain in-depth knowledge of clients’ businesses and industries by having direct client interactions
- While in audit, positively impact your clients financial statements and business operations through:
- Proactively engaging with your clients to gather needed information to complete testing and respond to questions raised
- Performing substantive testing on client’s balance sheets and income statements
- Testing for deficiencies of internal controls and discussing recommendations for improvement
- Prepare a variety of tax returns including individuals and businesses (Partnerships, Corporations, S Corporation, etc.)
- Learn and grow from direct on the job coaching and mentoring along with participating in firm wide learning and development programs
- Meet client service expectations through the efficient, timely and encourage completion of tasks
- Communicate interactive with engagement team members as well as external clients
- Associates/2-year degree in accounting or other business-related degree; or actively enrolled in final semester of associate’s degree
- Outstanding academic performance, with a GPA of 3.0 or above preferred
- Seeking out or a strong interest in a 4-year accounting degree in the near future, in order to become CPA eligible
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to prioritize work and coordinate activities as needed
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
- Strong attention to detail, willingness to learn, and ability to follow directions and procedures
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and independence with respect to client information
- Ability to travel to and from clients
- Eligibility to work in the U.S. without sponsorship