At Welltower Inc. (NYSE:WELL) we are driving innovation in health care infrastructure and delivery. We envision a new model of care that revolves around wellness – living well, aging well and keeping people out of the hospital. We partner with leading seniors housing and post-acute-care providers and with health systems to fund innovative solutions designed to keep patients out of higher cost, higher acuity settings while delivering better treatment at a lower cost. Our impact will be profound as we advance our work, our mission, and continue to assemble a diverse, talented, performance-focused team of employees.
As an Associate at Welltower you will participate in a nine- to twelve- month rotational program designed to: provide broad exposure to our organization; build knowledge and acumen in core functions and business processes; enable the development of highly transferable skills; prepare you for permanent placement in the best-fit role, where you are most likely to make meaningful contributions and immediate impact. The program consists of rotations through three core business areas, with each area providing exposure to multiple functions, roles, and responsibilities. Each rotation is composed of a combination of prepared work assignments and job shadowing, on-the-job training, formal classroom training, scheduled learning and development, project management, relationship management, presentation, networking and industry exposure.
· Collect portfolio data to create budgets/forecasts and report substantiated findings.
· Review and analyze business plans, management teams, budgets and financial statements, both at the company-wide and individual property or portfolio level
· Calculate building level statistics
· Responsible for coordination, collation, and reconciliation of Seniors Housing budget (NNN, RIDEA, and G&A); working with RIT teams, making sure consistent business units are utilized (tenant/landlord), verifying that all revisions are incorporated, including necessary below NOI items and calculating associated FFO and FAD reconciliations
· Assist with quarterly reports to produce portfolio characteristics in the supplement
· Assist with managing NIC data which includes: analyzing data and providing summaries which impacts FP&A and Reporting Teams
· Responsible for construction and risk analysis
· Responsible for managing software systems and vendors
· Assist in corporate presentation content and approach
· Review equity analyst estimates for accuracy
· Assist in capital raising efforts
· Assist in competitive valuation analysis
· Assist in earnings call preparation. Financial analysis and forecasting
· Real estate valuation
· Market analysis/site selection
· Demographic and utilization analysis
· Credit analysis
· Business place review
· Manage deal process
· Legal document review
· Conducting ad-hoc analysis and support of financial projects as identified or directed by leadership.
INTERACTIONS WITH OTHER DEPRATMENTS:
Business Development: Assist Business Development in identifying acquisitions, development opportunities and new markets.
Accounting: Assist Accounting as it relates to the financing of new acquisitions, developments and existing portfolio.
Legal: Assist Legal to ensure proper closings.
Portfolio Management: Work with Portfolio Management to capture relevant financial information from Operators.
Corporate Finance: Assist Capital Markets, Treasury and FP&A on ad hoc projects.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in related field required. MBA preferred when appropriate.
1. Strong project management skills
2. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and other relevant software systems
3. Organizational savvy and finesse
4. Strong communication and analytical skills
5. Strong team player with a focus towards customer service
6. Ability to self-motivate and work in a dynamic environment
7. Ability to work independently
8. A positive and professional attitude
• Quality of Work
• Communication and Teamwork
• Initiative and Leadership
• Customer Focus / Service
Department and Role Specific:
• Demonstrated strong analytical skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills and strong business acumen
• Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Ability to self-motivate and work in a dynamic environment
The work environment is characteristic of those found in a typical office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Welltower is a drug-free and nicotine-free employer.
Welltower and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected status or characteristic. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran.