For over forty five years, GA Foods has been creating and delivering high quality nutritious and well-balanced meals to seniors, children, military and emergency response. GA Foods sets ourselves apart with flavorful menus tailored to our client's palettes, a delivery service unmatched by the competition and a One Team attitude.
The GA Foods team is a diverse and energetic group. We are based in beautiful St. Petersburg, Florida, but can be found from California to New Jersey, Texas to Georgia...and even more locations as we have become one of the fastest growing companies in our industry. We thrive on our "One Team" company culture and promote teamwork and leadership within the organization. Looking for a job that will challenge you and motivate you to achieve your highest potential? You have come to the right place.
If you have a valid driver's license with a good driving record and want to make a difference in peoples' lives, this is the job for you! Our Route Delivery Drivers are responsible for delivering ready-made, hot and/or frozen/shelf stable meals to senior citizens and other at-risk populations, according to assigned route. The Route Delivery Driver (Seasonal) position ensures timely and accurate delivery of meals to customers according to assigned route and maintains food safety and handling procedures with compliance to temperature requirements.
Essential Route Delivery Driver (Seasonal) Functions:
- Safe delivery of food items and supplies to customer sites in a timely and accurate manner
- Vehicle upkeep and cleanliness
- Report any deficiencies or problems to supervisor promptly
- Maintain driver scorecard
- Check vehicle fluid levels and perform general routine inspection of vehicle to ensure all is in working order
- Assist with packing and/or storing of food items, components and/or supplies as required
- Regular attendance required to meet employer's attendance policy to ensure customer deliveries can be accomplished as scheduled
- Other duties as assigned by management
Route Delivery Driver (Seasonal) Qualifications:
- Valid Driver License (No DUI in last 5 yrs., 0-4 Current Pts.)
- Must have current DOT medical card (or are able to pass the DOT medical exam)
- Good Communication and Customer Service Skills
- Prior Delivery and Warehouse experience preferred
- Computer and Office Equipment Skills
- Prior experience utilizing Fleet/Routing (GPS) and e-signature (tablet) technologies preferred
- Must successfully pass criminal background check and pre-employment drug screening
Drug-Free Work Place / Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer