Exempt for Base plus Commission routes, Non-Exempt for hourly routes.
The Route Sales Representative meets our customers needs through up-selling/cross-selling and provides superior customer service through proactively managing all route responsibilities. Performs other duties as required. Reports to the District Manager.
- Solicit new customers, up-sell/cross-sell/sample all lines of service or product and ensure a profitable product mix.
- Actively participate in promotions and contests, training and audits.
- Follow company policies and procedures regarding installation of new customers, managing customer needs and all aspects of service. Performance goals must be met on a regular basis.
- Ensure customer loyalty, retention and provide outstanding customer service. Build relationships, communicate openly, educate customers, manage customer needs and proactively resolve concerns in cooperation with supervision.
- Safely operate a delivery vehicle on each trip, following all applicable laws and company policy. Maintain vehicle cleanliness and perform regular vehicle inspections.
- Handle and process customer payments. Keep route paperwork current.
- Ensure timely and correct deliveries of complete textile loads, pick up soiled textiles and maintain proper inventories in accounts. Service items such as facility maintenance products.
- Monitor and report competitive activity. Keep service agreements current and renewed.
- Return from route and off load soiled textiles in the receiving area of facility.
- Accurately prepare route paperwork and follow check-in procedures.
- Follow written and verbal instructions and perform other tasks as directed by supervision.
- May work with and support other service personnel as required by supervision.
- Have and maintain a valid drivers license, CDL when applicable.
- Have and maintain a driving record free of chargeable accidents, speeding or safety violations.
- Demonstrate excellent skills in the operation of vehicles and have a verifiable minimum one year experience of safe and successful driving.
- Demonstrate excellent skills in customer service and route sales.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, ability to comprehend and follow direction, as well as good time management skills and team player.
- Recognize colors, sizes and types of product and count, add and subtract accurately.
- High School graduation or similar experience.
- Daily, by delivery vehicle within a route.
Typical Environmental Conditions:
- Operating vehicles on public roads, in and out of customer locations, loading areas of a typical industrial laundry facility, Service Center or depot.
- Indoor and outdoor areas of a typical industrial facility.
Typical Physical Activity:
- Physical Demands - sitting, grasping, driving, stooping, climbing stairs, moving carts up to 500 lbs, lifting up to 75 lbs, standing, walking, writing, speaking, hearing.
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid sick days
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Vacation/paid time off
- Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays