Job Title: ROW (Right-of-Way) Agent-III
Site: 600 Hidden Ridge Irving Texas USA 75038
- This job position will perform assignments of varied responsibility, scope and complexity. Day to day work can be comprised of acquisition/management of various right of way agreements/contracts and support, as an escalation resource for Outside Plant Construction as well as ongoing management of existing routes/sites, including the protection of established rights.
- Responsible acquisition/management of all Master Right of Way agreements allowing the company to utilize major rights of way (e.g., railroad, power) for the installation, and operation of fiber network; working with Legal, Engineering and Risk Management to execute/manage contract agreements.
- Document research of company rights and negotiation of reimbursement agreements with private companies, Local/State/Federal agencies, and other providers associated with facility relocations.
- Manages, coordinates and negotiates Rail Crossing Agreements associated with the clients fiber installation projects.
- Individual will be responsible for acquisition, negotiation, documentation and recording of private easements.
- Management and coordination or Bonds, Certificates or Insurance and Letters of Credit required for the installation of Verizons fiber optic network.
- Management of existing right of way agreements including but not limited to agreement renewal, term enforcement, and payment authorization.
- Management of existing right of way agreements including but not limited to agreement renewal, term enforcement, and payment authorization. SAP or other related accounting software experience is a plus.
Candidate should have telecommunications industry experience. Requires a broad range of skills within a professional discipline to effectively perform complex assignments; demands familiarity with principles, theories, concepts and technologies as well as applied knowledge of established procedures, policies and practices.
- An Associate's degree or equivalent experience
- 7+ years professional experience
- 4+ years of relevant experience in Right of Way Master Contracts
- 2+ years in Telecom fiber installation
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Ability to analyze contract laws, and other regulations regarding a telecommunications providers use of municipal and private rights of way.
- Ability to understand complex business plans and to successfully negotiate contract terms and conditions to meet company objectives.
- Ability to compare competitor agreements, note variations, and negotiate for equitable treatment in agreements.
- Experience with negotiation and execution of master right of way contract agreements.
- Familiar with utility construction application process at regulatory agencies such as DOT, railroads, state land departments, and forest services.
- Familiar with structure access request process allowed under the Telecom Act whereby a Competitive Local Exchange Carrier (CLEC) applies to lease available space upon poles or within underground conduit of an Incumbent Local Exchange Carrier (ILEC), Power Company or similar agency.
- General familiarity with telecom outside plant construction terminology and techniques including facility locates, pole attachments, engineering plans, facility relocation, and directional drilling.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite of products (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point), Google Earth and Adobe Professional and willingness to learn new applications.
- Proficient with the usage of attribute queries to select records from a database.
- SAP experience a plus.
- Legal experience a plus.
**Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if interested**
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178