- This job position will perform assignments of varied responsibility, scope and complexity. Day to day work can be comprised of acquisition/management of various right of way agreements/contracts and support, as an escalation resource for Outside Plant Construction as well as ongoing management of existing routes/sites, including the protection of established rights.
- This individual must be capable of reading/interpreting engineering drawings and legal descriptions, and qualified to search titles, perform basic appraisals, and negotiate right-of-way and easement documents. Document research of company rights and negotiation of reimbursement agreements with private companies, Local/State/Federal agencies, and other providers associated with facility relocation ´s.
- Manages, coordinates and negotiates Rail Crossing Agreements associated with *** fiber installation projects.
- Individual will be responsible for acquisition, negotiation, documentation and recording of private easements.
- Management and coordination or Bonds, Certificates or Insurance and Letters of Credit required for the installation of ***'s fiber optic network
- Management of existing right of way agreements including but not limited to agreement renewal, term enforcement, and payment authorization
- Management of existing right of way agreements including but not limited to agreement renewal, term enforcement, and payment authorization. SAP or other related accounting software experience is a plus.
- Candidate should have telecommunications industry experience. Requires a broad range of skills within a professional discipline to effectively perform complex assignments; demands familiarity with principles, theories, concepts and technologies as well as applied knowledge of established procedures, policies and practices.
- An Associate's degree or equivalent experience
- 7+ years professional experience
- 4+ years of relevant experience in Right of Way Master Contracts
- 2+ years in Telecom fiber installation
- Ability to analyze contract laws, and other regulations regarding a telecommunications provider's use of municipal and private rights of way.
- Ability to understand complex business plans and to successfully negotiate contract terms and conditions to meet company objectives.
- Ability to compare competitor agreements, note variations, and negotiate for equitable treatment in agreements.
- Experience with negotiation and execution of master right of way contract agreements.
- Familiar with utility construction application process at regulatory agencies such as DOT, railroads, state land departments, and forest services.
- Familiar with structure access request process allowed under the Telecom Act whereby a Competitive Local Exchange Carrier (CLEC) applies to lease available space upon poles or within underground conduit of an Incumbent Local Exchange Carrier (ILEC), Power Company or similar agency.
- General familiarity with telecom outside plant construction terminology and techniques including facility locates, pole attachments, engineering plans, facility relocation, and directional drilling.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite of products (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point), Google Earth and Adobe Professional and willingness to learn new applications.
- Proficient with the usage of attribute queries to select records from a database.
- SAP experience a plus.
- Legal experience a plus.