We are Warner Music Group, home to a broad roster of new stars and legendary artists through a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, East West, Elektra, Erato, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Spinnin’, Warner Records, Warner Classics, and Warner Music Nashville, as well as Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers, with a catalog of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join our innovative and highly sought-after Royalties team at Warner Chappell Music, Inc.
A little bit about our team:
We are a global music publishing company, home to a wide array of legendary songwriters and a rich catalog of contemporary hits and influential standards. Under general direction, with latitude for independent judgment and decision, supervises the activities of subordinates, the distribution of payments to domestic, Canadian and foreign writers, and performs research, financial analysis and reconciliation functions relating to royalties payable.
Why this could be your next big break:
You will be working at a major music publishing company, interacting with numerous departments (Finance, Legal and Copyright). You’ll develop a comprehensive understanding of royalties administration working on the some of the most iconic songs ever written.
Here you’ll get to:
- Manage the general royalty payable functions relating to disbursements to clients and heirs for US and Canada
- Participate in the review of quarterly statements, corrects data if necessary and prepares adjustments and financial transactions.
- Research various company files or other sources for missing or incorrect information, updates material such as change of clients, ownership, estate settlements, addresses, rates, other agreements, manner of payments and supervises the amending of the computer data related to such.
- Supervise the preparation of the annual unclaimed property report and foreign tax withholding statements.
- Partner with Copyright, Legal, Licensing, Tracking and IT to verify information or to obtain documentation needed relating to client inquiries.
- Participate in system testing and data cleansing.
- Perform royalty-related financial analysis as requested by Senior Management.
- Train staff in technical skills.
- Partner with the Director of Royalties on special projects, such as income research, rate corrections, systems development and internal audits.
- Handle and safeguards confidential and proprietary information.
- Must be able to effectively communicate internally and/or externally in a manner consistent with the company’s Code of Conduct and core values.
- Must be able to come to work on time without restriction as to time commitment.
- Must be able to read and understand materials and documents and can recognize and extract critical data and information.
- Must be able to perform all diverse physical tasks necessary to complete all the essential duties and responsibilities of the position.
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
Must have general computer skills and a working knowledge of Microsoft Office with emphases in Excel and Word; Experience with SAP preferred; knowledge of general business practices; possess a strong work ethic; strong organization skills and pay high attention to detail; strong communication skills (written and verbal); ability to adhere to deadlines and execute on tasks and handle multiple, diverse assignments; produce quality work and be accountable; manage time; ability to work well in team; demonstrate ability to be innovative and suggest change/improvements within scope of work; anticipates needs and creates efficient and effective processes; self-starter, self-motivated and takes responsibility/ownership of tasks; thinks outside the box proactively, strategically and analytically; consistently takes initiative; demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to changing situations.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
A baccalaureate degree with a major in accounting, finance or business administration; coursework to have included principles of accounting and/or bookkeeping procedures, arithmetical analysis, or computations and/or related systems is strongly preferred.
Minimum of three (3) to four (4) years of managerial experience, five (5) to six (6) preferred and two (2) to three (3) years of customer service experience with a focus in accounts payable, royalty statements, billing processes and analysis, or, a satisfactory equivalent of education, training and experience in related fields and/or educational disciplines, sufficient to qualify for the requirements of position.
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the “Apply” link or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don’t be discouraged if you don’t hear from us right away. We’re taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. WMG will consider employment for qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box).
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please send an e-mail to Recruitment@wmg.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Copyright © 2019 Warner Music Inc.