Ruby on Rails (ROR) Developer
Springbig is the leading loyalty marketing and communications platform in the cannabis industry, working with over 1,300 unique storefronts and building up a cumulative database of over 20 million consumers. Our Software as a Service (SaaS) platform allows our dispensary clients to configure a custom loyalty program and through this loyalty program build a database of consumers. Our platform also boasts this industryâ€™s most comprehensive communications engine, allowing our dispensary clients to market to their database of consumers via SMS and email (primarily focused on SMS marketing) in a personalized way.
Springbig recently launched a new platform, Brands by Springbig. This is also a SaaS platform, and it allows cannabis brandsto collaborate with our dispensary clients to send engaging SMS campaigns to the dispensaryâ€™s database of consumers. A brand can use this platform to place an advertisement on top of hundreds of thousands of text messages and drive their productsâ€™ sell-through like never before!
Our headquarters are located in beautiful Boca Raton, FL with team members distributed around the country. This will be a remote position during COVID-19.
What will I be working on?
As a ROR Developer, youâ€™ll be working with us in all aspects of the product, from its core infrastructure to its front-end. As a Team Player on the development team, youâ€™ll wear multiple hats, turn ambiguity into details, building complex features and continuously find opportunities to improve performance and increase reliability.
- Minimum of 3 years of professional software development experience in ROR
- Significant experience building web applications that have shipped
- You are comfortable managing other developers and conducting code reviews
- Experience working with Rails, CoffeeScript, Sass, Rspec/Capybara, Slim, MySQL and Git in a team environment
- You enjoy writing well-tested, well-organized code
Preferred Experiences: AWS Kinesis, Athena, API Gateway, Vue or other JS frameworks
Roles and Responsibilities:
- A Team Player that will help with the design, development and delivery of database solutions, back end applications, process, and APIs
- A Team Player that will help with the implement the integration with external APIs and data providers.
- A Team Player that will help with the design, develop, and deploy the APIs to integrate across multiple new and existing business applications.
- Manage and deploy the infrastructure to support the platform ecosystem.
- Coordinate the development with other technology platforms.
- Design the database schemas.
- Coordinate with Quality Assurance (QA) during hand-over and subsequent defect correction (fixes bugs).
- Refactoring, as necessitated by addition of features or in response to code review.
- Implement automated tests.
- Continuous interaction with Team members via Jira, Confluence and other tools
Our current stack:
- Rails 6
- Vue.js / React Native
- MySQL 8 / Aurora PostgreSQL 11
What are we looking for in a team member?
- Your specialization is less important than your ability to learn fast, communicate and adapt to shifting priorities.
Weâ€™re especially fond of people who:
- Communicate well and articulate ideas clearly.
- Focus on project goals, not just writing code.
- Contribute ideas.
- Take initiative.
- Have a hacker mindset and master the fine art of balancing time, features, and quality of code.
- You know when to unit test and when to â€œjust ship itâ€.
Whatâ€™s it like to work at springbig?
Itâ€™s awesome! Weâ€™re a driven, passionate, responsible group who values professional growth and work life balance.
We take care of our team members:
- Competitive salary
- Unlimited PTO
- Choose your own equipment
- 401k match
- Great health benefits (medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, Life Insurance)
- Casual and comfortable working environment
And infuse lightness and creativity into our days:
- Stocked coffee, snacks and candy â€œbarâ€
- Pizza parties and team lunches
- Laser Tag in the office
- Spontaneous games of tabletop cornhole or NERF wars
- Company sponsored Fantasy Football league and March Madness bracket challenge