Position Title: Ruby Developer
Position Type: Permanent
Position Location: Washington, D.C.
Our client is looking to add a new Ruby Developer to their team in downtown D.C. This is a great opportunity to work with a small unique team working across a social platform.
The bulk of the stack we need is RoR, AWS, Python, JS platforms and any Solr. This is a great team that is well funded. Very much a start up environment within a larger company.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable and reliable code
- Ensure the best possible performance, scalability, and responsiveness of the application
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Work with the product owner and other stake-holders including developers, QA, and Dev/Ops to solve new and existing technical challenges
- Collaborate with others to architect, prototype, and implement solutions
- Participate in scrum, whiteboarding, and peer code reviews
- 5+ years web development experience
- 3+ years developing RESTful APIs
- Strong proficiency in Ruby on Rails
- Experience writing integrations with complex enterprise systems preferred
- AWS development and integration experience
- Familiarity with micro-services architectures
- Experience with Solr or Elasticsearch is a plus
- Basic understanding of front-end frameworks like Angular and React
- Experience writing automated tests using tools such as RSpec and Cucumber and proficiency practicing TDD/BDD
- Proficient understanding of Git