The Regional Vice President at Cigna Supplemental Benefits (CSB) will be a critical team member responsible for making CSB a market leader in the Medicare Supplement and individual ancillary products space. This individual will be part of a rapidly growing business unit that will execute on CSB’s national broker distribution strategy with National Marketing Organizations (NMO’s) and other topline distributors. He/she will recruit, train, and motivate a group of external distributors/wholesalers that will deliver industry leading results via business development activities. Key responsibilities include:
- Prospects, appoints and manages agency relationships to achieve sales and profitability objectives.
- Develop and execute a market level distribution strategy that drives significant sales growth of Medicare Supplement and ancillary products with their accounts.
- Build and maintain strong, focused relationships with distributors at all levels.
- Train current and new National Marketing Organizations along with their downline agencies on our processes and procedures.
- Participate in planning and execution with internal business units in order to drive sales and profit growth.
- Develop and execute sales plan with each NMO partner to help contribute to our corporate objectives of doubling revenue over a 5 year period.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of local market trends, competitive intelligence, core product strategies, and other indicators ensuring a competitive edge.
- Represent our organization at trade shows and industry events.
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree desirable.
- 10+ years’ experience securing and retaining National Marketing Organizations to market Medicare Supplement and all supplemental health insurance products.
- Must be able to demonstrate critical, strategic thinking skills to drive positive outcomes with key NMO partners.
- Build strong working relationships with internal and external partners, driving positive energy through influential leadership.
- Strong presentation and public speaking skills.
- Strategic thinker capable of developing long term and best in class distribution relationships.
- 60% overnight travel required
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, age, disability, sex, childbirth (including pregnancy) or related medical conditions including but not limited to lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital or familial status, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by applicable equal employment opportunity laws.
If you require an accommodation based on your physical or mental disability please email: SeeYourself@cigna.com. Do not email SeeYourself@cigna.com for an update on your application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a response.