RWJBarnabas Health is seeking a board-certified adult psychiatrist for an immediate position at Newark Beth Israel Medical Center in the inpatient voluntary unit. This is a full-time inpatient opportunity supported by a multidisciplinary team that helps to manage admissions, psychiatric evaluations, discharge summaries, and potential civil commitment proceedings. We are currently seeking physicians for both consult liaison and emergency psychiatry roles in Northern NJ just 16 miles from New York City. As the largest integrated health care delivery system in New Jersey, RWJBarnabas Health offers competitive compensation and a robust benefits package including health, life, disability and malpractice insurance, 401k/retirement, plus PTO and added time off for CME.
Successful candidates must be:
- ABPN board-certified or board-eligible in Adult Psychiatry
- NJ licensed or eligible for licensure in NJ
- Ideally experienced working in an inpatient setting
- High energy, adaptable, and able to work on a team
More about the position:
- Hospital location just 16 miles from NYC with community attractions including delicious dining options, NJ Performing Arts Center, and minutes from NJ’s International Airport
- Incredible support staff including social workers and case managers on site
- Opportunities to work in the inpatient setting, PESS unit, or as a consult liaison depending on your clinical preference
- Career growth and close team partnership
About Newark Beth Israel Medical Center:
Newark Beth Israel Medical Center, a regional care, teaching hospital established in 1901, provides comprehensive health care services to its local communities and is a major referral and treatment center for patients throughout the northern New Jersey metropolitan area.
With more than 800 physicians, 3,200 employees and 150 volunteers, the Medical Center has over 300,000 outpatient visits and 25,000 admissions annually. It is one of two hospitals in New Jersey where heart transplants are performed and the only hospital in New Jersey certified to perform lung transplants.
The Medical Center has New Jersey's most comprehensive Robotic Surgery Center; the State's first accredited Sleep Disorders Center; one of the largest electrophysiology programs in New Jersey; kidney transplantation; the largest hospital-based dental program in New Jersey and Our Heart Center at Newark Beth Israel Medical Center, which offers the best in cardiology services and cardiac surgery programs.
The hospital also offers the nationally recognized Pacemaker & Defibrillator Center; Frederick B. Cohen, MD, Comprehensive Cancer and Blood Disorder Center; The Center for Geriatric Health Care; and a Regional Perinatal Center, offering high-quality maternity care for both normal and high-risk pregnancies.
To learn about this and other positions, please contact Amal Elmogahzy, Physician Recruiter at RWJBarnabas Health directly via e-mail: Amal.Elmogahzy@rwjbh.org or phone: 862-236-0720. Thank you!