RWJBarnabas Health is currently seeking a Gastroenterologist to lead as Division Chief at Newark Beth Israel Medical Center in Newark, NJ.
This opportunity is ideal for an experienced Gastroenterologist to join a successful system with opportunity for program development and support from a robust referral base. The position offers excellent compensation, a comprehensive benefits package, and the chance to join the largest integrated healthcare system in New Jersey.
In addition to clinical and administrative leadership responsibilities at our Newark campus, the new Chief of Gastroenterology would also be expected to build out liver and advanced endoscopy work in addition to monitoring physician leadership strategies and quality control. All gastroenterology procedures will be conducted at Newark Beth Israel Medical Center directly.
- Direct the patient care within the Division
- Ensure appropriate staff coverage for patients
- Set standards for physician and nurse practitioner performance expectations.
- Manage staff and ensure all paperwork, education, and training for providers are being met as well as oversee future recruitment.
- Report to the Chair of the Department of Medicine and the CMO.
- Provide clinical care and planning in an interdisciplinary approach in collaboration with the leadership and other healthcare professionals.
Successful candidates will be:
- Fellowship trained in Gastroenterology
- Board Certified in IM and Gastroenterology
- Trained in Current BLS Basic Life Support and have their ACLS certification
Preferred candidates will have:
- Over 10 years of previous clinical and administrative experience
- Proven track record of success in clinical care, leadership, and medical education is preferred.
Based in Newark NJ, this opportunity is extremely close in proximity to New York City. Just 16 miles outside of the city lights, Essex County encompasses beautiful suburban neighborhoods and top school districts, plus access to museums, fine dining, and great shopping!
If you are interested in learning more about this position with RWJBarnabas Health, please contact Annelise Catanzaro, Director of Physician Recruitment via email -Annelise.Catanzaro@rwjbh.org or phone: (862) 217-1489. We look forward to hearing from you!