Lead several teams of software engineers in the, development, and implementation of products and services. Responsible for ensuring sanity of, operational excellence and quality, delivering results on time and working with other teams in coming up with what software changes are necessary.
- Establish teams that can deliver fast and predictably, adjusting in an agile/lean fashion to deliver what customers need and when it is needed.
- Responsible for hiring, mentoring and managing a highly skilled set of Software Development Engineers and Managers. Managing them to deliver and growing their careers.
- Ensures that the software developed is technically sound by having the ability to deep dive into the details of the services and algorithms that your teams own and develop.
- Manage day-to-day team activities for all GreyBar Development activity.
- Represent Public Safety GreyBar Engineering in enterprise application project planning, status meetings and associated reports.
- Strategic vision of Public Safety GreyBar product suite.
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Work with key personnel to understand upcoming application products and enhancements identified for existing products.
- Facilitate regular team meetings; reviewing all projects, including; scope, requirements, resources, deliverables, constraints, risk, and targeted goals/objectives.
- Travel – up to 15%.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proven results oriented person with a delivery focus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well with people and be both highly motivated and motivating
- Proven ability to architect and operate large scale Cloud Based software systems
- High attention to detail including precise and effective customer communications
- Ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, schedule tradeoffs and opportunistic new ideas with technical employees
- Should be able to think strategically and execute methodically and tactically
- Superior verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is a way of life
- Composed, poised and professional demeanor
- History of teamwork and willingness to roll up their sleeves to get the job done
- Experience with solving and operating solutions requiring high availability, highly scaling, low latency solutions
- Proven analytical and quantitative skills and the ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions to develop project business cases and prioritize allocation of resources
- Proficiency in SQL and Database technology knowledge
- Strong understanding of Agile/Lean SDLC
- Strong understanding of Cloud Based Solutions (AWS, Azure, etc)
- Solid understanding of software fundamentals including data structures, algorithms and complexity analysis
- Ability to recommend or specify solutions in the security, operational, and deployment domains (e.g. use of CDNs, caching, monitoring, etc.)
- BS in Computer Science or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 10+ years of strong Software Engineering management experience.
- Experience building large scale, high-performance systems in a Cloud Based environment
- Experience with design and architecture well as object oriented analysis and design patterns (OOA/OOD)
Standing, sitting, walking, speaking, listening, bending, reaching, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping and manipulating tools, typing, using peripheral computer tools. May be required to lift up to 25 pounds.
It is the Company’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals. Securus will not discriminate against any associate or qualified job applicant with respect to any terms, privileges, or conditions of employment because of that person’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected under local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.