Kelly Services is hiring a SAFe Agile Coach for a 12 month contract in Woodland Hills, CA. For immediate consideration, please email your updated resume to email@example.com or apply online!
SAFe Agile Coach
Woodland Hills, CA (Onsite only - non local candidates are welcome to apply but must accomodate in person interview at own expense)
12 month - W2 contract
Partner with leaders in both business and IT to optimize the flow of value across a line of business by leading Agile teams using SAFe Agile Methodology. Cultivate an environment where transparency, speed, quality and innovation are at the forefront while exhibiting an entrepreneurial mindset. Directly influence executives, leaders, business units, and technology teams on Agile principles, values, building techniques, growth, and maintain a thriving agile organization.
Essential Job Funtions:
- Execute and guide on a multi-year strategy for SAFe Agile Transformation across a large line of business. Coordinate with various Agile Transformation Teams on standing up Agile Release Trains, facilitating Program Team ceremonies, such as Program Increment planning, feature writing workshops, backlog grooming, scrum of scrums, retrospectives, etc. Coach and partner with various stakeholders such as Product Managers, Product Owners, Business Owners, IT leads to help ensure strategy and execution alignment. (30%) \t
- Guide cadence and synchronization at the Team Level to improve effectiveness of progress towards the iteration goals in daily stand-up meetings and the ability to demonstrate working systems at the end of the iteration. Define and measure meaningful agile metrics to provide insights in these three dimensions including Team Health and Maturity, Delivery and Performance, and Business Outcomes. (30%) \t
- Help manage risks and dependencies across the organization and the broader enterprise to enable better flow of value. Continuously seeks opportunities to improve operational processes to improve consistency of delivery, improve customer satisfaction and reduce costs. Effectively assesses opportunities, gains support for improvements and follows through with implementation. Provides leadership oversight and governance on all line of business Agile transformation efforts. (20%) \t
- Facilitates organizational learning, change management, and process adoption of Agile via metrics, benefits realization, outcomes, and retrospective findings. Provides Agile Leadership coaching and training to Scrum Masters, Product Owners, functional managers and executives. Deliver coaching of individual teams in all aspects of scrum and kanban including planning, self-organization, collaboration, iterative development, managing flow, limiting wip, etc. Serves as subject matter expert and provides coaching to teams and leadership towards improving Agile process and metrics, evaluate and mentor existing Scrum teams, and deliver training courses for product owners, developers, and testers. Performs other duties as assigned. (20%)
- 3-5 years in Agile Coach position applying Agile practices and principles including SAFe, Scrum and/or Kanban including demonstrated ability to inspect and adapt Agile practices to various situations. \t
- 5-7 years’ experience completing a transformation program with organization of over 2,000 members. \t
- 3-5 years in Scrum Master, Product Owner or Agile Lean Role \t
- Strong written and verbal communications skills \t
- Strong facilitator skills \t
- Hands on experience working agile teams and coaching on safe best practices \t
- Ability to coach AND provide transformation guidance \t
- Excellent collaboration and team building skills \t
- Excellent organizational skills \t
- Possesses a high degree of initiative \t
- Demonstrated problem solving skills \t
- Experience in Scrum Master role \t
- Experience in RTE role \t
- Experience in Product Owner role
Additional Preferred Skills:
- 7-10 years of project management or technical leadership experience, leading large, complex deliveries. \t
- Enterprise experience
- Bachelor's Degree or higher
- SPC5 (SAFe Program Consultant 5) \t
- Manager will consider SPC4 if candidate is willing to complete SPC5 (on own time and expense) within first 60 days of assignment
- Change Management \t
- Lean Portfolio Management \t
- SAFe DevOps \t
- CSM (Scrum Master) \t
- PSPO ( Professional Scrum Product Owner) \t
- RTE (SAFe Release Train Engineer)
As a worker today, it’s up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what’s next is what we’re all about. We know what’s going on in the evolving world of work—just ask the nearly 500,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.