Metals USA has an immediate opening for a Safety Coordinator in our Enid, OK location. The Safety Coordinator ensures, coordinates, and implements company safety program; position reports to general manager.
* Conducts safety training for warehouse employees
* Conducts safety orientation of new employees
* Conducts daily toolbox safety meetings
* Leads accident investigations
* Ensures adherence to safety rules
* Verifies compliance with health and safety regulations and ensures all necessary records are maintained and prepared according to established guidelines
* Administers the participation in Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) inspections, providing inspectors with appropriate documents and identifying safety measures.
* Monitors the removal of physical, biological and chemical hazards, and training of employees on safety policies, procedures, and regulations
* May assist in compliance of DOT rules and procedures Performs other related duties as assigned or requested
Great Compensation and Benefits Package
Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer M/F/V/D/
English Language: Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar
Clerical: Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology
Basic Computer Skills: (Excel, Word, Outlook, Internet) and knowledge of office equipment (printer, fax) and processes
Three (3) years minimum experience in safety-related field
First Aid training (including CPR certification)
* Communication: must be active listener, follow directions, recognize the value of others' opinions, talk with courtesy and respect, speak effectively regarding business manners
* Time Management: ability to meet job deadlines; prioritize work orders effectively
* Team player: works as a competent member of the team, willingly providing back-up support for co-workers when needed and actively supporting group goals
* Attendance & Punctuality: must demonstrate timely arrival & attendance and adapt to business needs schedule changes
* Judgment: exhibits sound judgment and makes reasonable decisions within scope of responsibility
* Leadership and Organizational Responsibilities:
Position has no direct reports; however, incumbent has a degree of influence by demonstrating safety rules, ensuring a safe work environment through training and continuous monitoring of safe behavior by all employees.
Quality Program Requirements:
Employee will receive quality orientation training upon hiring. For ISO-certified locations, the training methods are the following: All Training Methods, employee is required to attend annual ISO-9001 site job-specific training.
In a typical workday, employee is sitting, standing, walking, talking seeing, hearing, grasping, reaching, pushing, pulling, lifting, climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, Ability to lift up to forty (40) lbs. is required. Some travel (20%) by airplane or automobile to other locations is required.
On a typical workday, employee will spend approximately 50% of work time indoors sitting at a desk (indoors), 50% in the warehouse processing area where employee is required to wear a hard hat, safety glasses, and steel-toe boots. The Company furnishes initial hard hat, gloves and safety glasses. The employee furnishes safety footwear at own expense. Employee will be exposed to some or all of the following working conditions: Extreme Heat & Cold, Noise, Vibration, Oils and Atmospheric Conditions such as Dust, Fumes and Metallic Particles.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled