Job ID: 147060
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope®, a CRH company, is the leading supplier of products specified to close the building envelope. They include: custom-engineered curtain wall and window wall, architectural windows, storefront systems, doors, skylights and architectural glass.
Responsible for managing the facility’s overall safety performance and compliance through various safety, health, and training activities
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure full compliance with all federal, state, local, and company safety regulations.
- Monitor facility and processes for adherence to OSHA guidelines and the elimination of industrial incidents.
- Work closely with the local HR Representative, Corporate EH&S staff and insurance company to manage all workers compensation claims.
- Maintain company’s incident database and ensure monthly safety audit is completed.
- Maintain all other safety related records such as waste records in accordance with all federal, state, local, and company requirements.
- Coordinate outside services such as alarm, fire, and safety supplies.
- Ensure all safety binders, including the SDS binder, are kept up to date and readable.
- Oversee, evaluate, and continuously improve the facility’s safety program to achieve and maintain a zero-harm goal.
- Randomly observe department audits and GEMBA walks to assure they are conducted with rigor and intensity.
- Research and implement new safety activities to keep the safety program current and effective.
- Ensure all new hire and annual safety training are completed and documented in the database.
- Manage and conduct all employee safety orientations, certifications, industrial hygiene testing, classroom training, and practical hands-on plant floor training.
- Manage and conduct outside contractor training and emergency action plan training.
- Chair safety committee and oversee plant safety project work teams.
- Regular and predictable attendance, safely perform tasks, and adherence to all safety policies and procedures are essential functions of the job.
Skills, Knowledge, and Ability Requirements
To be considered for the Safety Coordinator position, the following conditions must be met:
- Bachelor degree in Safety & Health field or relevant work experience equivalent to a degree.
- Minimum 2 years safety experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Bilingual preferred.
- In-depth understanding of all current government safety regulations (i.e., OSHA), workers’ compensation, emergency response planning & procedures, first aid, CPR, ergonomics and industrial hygiene.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize work and deliveries.
- Good verbal and written communications skills and math aptitude.
- Previous computer experience recommended.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope®, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.