Build your career at Pactiv!
One of the world's largest manufacturers and distributors of food service and food packaging products.
- Competitive pay with quick growth potential plus additional shift premium for nights
- Full-time opportunities - 40 hours per work week with overtime possibilities
- Vacation Time
- Paid Holiday Time-off
- Safety Bonus
- Productivity Bonus
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Match
- Training Opportunities
- On-the-job Training to build your career!
The site Hourly Safety Coordinator’s role is to have an active role in the location safety and health programs that lead to injury prevention, compliance improvements, and enhanced employee engagement.
The primary job duties and responsibilities will include improving the injury prevention, employee engagement, and compliance activities at the Conyers Plant.
- Active participant on all location employee led team projects.
- Communicate team projects to peers and location leaders.
- Serve as the location Subject Matter Expert on Behavior Based Safety (BBS) and train co-workers on the BBS Program.
- Conduct (when appropriate) Safety Training (Monthly, Refresher, Initial, etc) for peers, new hires, visitors, and vendors.
- Audit On-The-Job Training for gaps. Identify and help correct gaps identified in the On-The-Job Training programs.
- Participate in Tier I and Tier II Sessions. The Safety Coordinator will have responsibilities for safety board updates and safety related follow-ups identified during the sessions.
- Train leaders and peers on the 1 on 1 Engagements and Near Miss Reporting Programs. Analyze data generated by existing programs to identify trends and improvement opportunities.
- Follow-up on Safety Flashes/Alerts from other locations.
- Honor the site specific standard work activities assigned to the Site Safety Coordinator
- Other tasks aligned with the compliance, injury prevention, and employee engagement initiatives.
- Passionate about safety as it relates to employee engagements, compliance, and injury prevention.
- 2-4 years previous business experience, preferably in the EHS function
- Baseline knowledge of programs such as Lockout Tagout, PPE, Machine Guarding, Forklift Safety, Behavior Based Safety, 1 on 1 Engagements, Employee Led Teams, etc.
- Basic Microsoft skills (outlook, power point, word, etc).
- Competent in the use of a calculator and ruler/tape measure.
- Proficient in the English Language (read, write, talk).
- Capable of communicating in front of large groups and interacting with peers and site leaders.
- Reliable/Dependable as it relates to completing work assignments.
- Accomplished in coaching peers. Willingness to coach leaders.
- Experience working in an industrial/manufacturing/warehouse environment
Pactiv LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
"IND1P" #CB1 #ZR