Who is Georgia-Pacific?Watch to find out!
Georgia-Pacific is seeking to hire a Safety Coordinator at the North Las Vegas, NV Gypsum facility. As a Safety Coordinator, you will assist in providing leadership, strategic direction, and counsel to the facility, which includes three plants. Safety Coordinators ensure facility Safety & Health (S&H) activities, systems, and plans effectively drive H&S performance and meet or exceed business and company S&H objectives and requirements.
The ideal candidate embraces change, possesses strong interpersonal skills, and has the capacity to balance multiple priorities. This position requires strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate with a wide variety of audiences. The successful candidate must be self-motivated, have sound decision making skills, solid organization skills, and the ability to lead a team to maintain and improve facility safety performance.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Providing support to the Safety Manager and leadership team to achieve the S&H vision through management commitment and employee ownership and engagement
- Assisting (establishes and sustains) S&H ownership by the line organization by providing support and understanding of the S&H Management Systems
- Participating in the case management process for facility incidents and injuries
- Serving as a point of contact for all team members to understand and support S&H daily activities
- Participating in the development and implementation of risk assessment methods/systems for anticipating, identifying, and evaluating hazards
- Providing support in the development, improvement, and implementation of training systems to meet facility needs
- Conducting Safety & Health training to employees, contractors, etc. as required
- Managing day-to-day compliance activities to effectively communicate regulatory and technical knowledge to operations and employees
- Providing coaching and mentoring to facilitate safety ownership on the line level.
- Developing systems/methods for identifying hazards and evaluating risk in existing and future equipment, processes, operations (i.e. risk assessments, near misses, etc.)
- Prescribing control solutions to eliminate hazards and causes of loss events and to reduce the chance of loss when hazards cannot be eliminated
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor Degree (BS) or higher OR an Associate's Degree in Safety
- Three (3) years or more of Health and Safety experience in an industrial or manufacturing environment or current/previous Georgia-Pacific ELP
- Experience and working knowledge with Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf