One by one, we are leading a movement to a future where all beauty is clean beauty. We are powered by people,
and our collective mission is to get safer products into the hands of everyone. Formulate, advocate & educate—
that’s our motto for creating products that truly perform while holding ourselves to unparalleled standards of safety.
Why? It’s really this simple: Beauty should be good for you.
As a member of our Global Product Safety (GPS) team our Safety Testing Coordinator will be initiating, tracking and reporting on all safety testing through the lifecycle of the product, supporting cross-functional teams: Global Product Safety, Packaging Development, R&D and Product Development.
· Create, track and report safety testing for ingredient exploration, new product launches and reformulations. Build and maintain project testing plans that include actual and forecasted activities and timelines, proactively report deviations and elevate risks/delays to timeline to senior management.
· Ensure Product Development and GPS have safety testing tracker weekly in advance of development meetings to report latest status by project.
· Communicate safety test results, in a timely manner, to key stakeholders (GPS, PD, Operations)
· Ensure all testing is completed on time, on budget and in full according to launch timeline.
· Track testing spend, by project and test type.
· Coordinate testing protocols for required safety testing with GPS and Product Development.
· Collaborate with Product Development to determine testing bulk needs for required/ confirmed testing and track/manage bulk with contract manufacturers.
· Communicate and track bulk needs for testing needs with internal and external labs.
· Ensure bulk/product is shipped and tracked to external testing labs for required safety and/or performance testing per project timeline.
· Champion status calls with external testing labs to ensure all test results are achieved in a timely manner.
· As needed, attend weekly cross departmental stage gate project meetings to provide current testing status and dates
· Update and manage Raw Material HMT/Residual Solvent testing to tracker to ensure all raws are cleared and prevent double submissions and excess spending
· Follows up on issues related to assigned tasks and determines appropriate actions that need to be taken
· Makes suggestions on how to improve existing processes.
· Maintain accurate records and documents within internal system.
· Bachelor’s degree required
· 1-3 years’ experience relevant to Skin Care, Body Care, Color Cosmetics or consumer products.
· Experience in Testing Facility, Personal Care Contract Manufacturer, Project Management, Supply Chain/Operations, Safety/Clinical/Sensory Testing, Regulatory or Product Development preferred
· Experience launching new products, cross category or managing product changes in cosmetics company · Meticulous attention to detail
· Must be able to work independently and a self-starter
· Must be comfortable challenging status quo and looking for ways to improve processes
· Must be able to work with multiple stakeholders and communicate complex information in a clear, confident manner.
· Must be open-minded, respectful, driven.
· Strong computer, communication, organizational and interpersonal skills. Proficiency in MS Project, MS Excel and Wrike software preferred
· Ability to identify problems and troubleshoot
· Agility to manage and adapt timelines based on business need or opportunity
· Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously & prioritize work activities
· Unwavering commitment to our social mission.