This is a Safety position responsible for assisting in the daily operations of the Safety Department, administering all Safety's policies, procedures, and programs to assure profitable performance and growth of the organization and providing worker's compensation support and assisting the Human Resource Manager in other safety projects as required.
- Participates in the investigation of safety accidents and injuries, identifies causes and find corrective actions to alleviate any future occurrences.
- Plan, coordinate, and support the Safety Committee meetings for constructive exchanges on safety issues and best practices.
- Partner with line management and work leads to integrate safety into all work activities to promote a safety culture where everyone takes responsibility for the safety of others as well as themselves.
- Through observations, media or occurrences, review current safe work practices and develop new or corrective practices to promote a safe work environment.
- Assist in presenting new hire and annual safety training programs that captures the attention of associates and entails all the required elements of OSHA compliance.
- Administrative duties such as: assisting the Human Resources Department, setting up files, setting meetings, and monthly training logs/files.
- Assist with projects and produce miscellaneous statistical reports as required for Management and Safety.
- Ensure all safety training files are current and complete.
- Other duties as related or assigned.
- High school diploma or General Education Development (GED) or equivalent
- Solid Excel skills, extremely organized, reliable, and self- motivated
- Minimum of 6 months' experience in a Safety department
- College degree
- 1-3 years' Worker's Compensation Claims Management experience
- Technical knowledge of OSHA and state laws
- Strong interpersonal, telephone, and written communication skills
- Strong organization skills
- Ability to handle several tasks at the same time, with numerous interruptions, and must be able to keep information confidential
- Excellent working knowledge of Word, Excel, and Microsoft Outlook
- Ability to work independently
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk and hear. The employee may have to lift up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities that may be required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
- May sit in front of a computer for long periods of time or remain at a workstation for extended periods of time.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Due to the overwhelming response, please, no phone calls or email inquiries about the status of your application. We appreciate your interest and we will contact you if we require more information.
We offer a wide range of benefits, including health benefits and 401k.
**All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.**