Cobhamis seeking aSafety, Health and Environmental Managerto work with the site to drive safety, health and environmental best practices. This position is located in Orchard Park, NY.
- Jointly responsible with the entire BU management team for development and delivery of the BU-wide SHE strategy (SGP) and annual SHE plan in accordance with all corporate requirements, including ensuring adequate resources are in place and budgeted.
- Maintain regulatory and legislative compliance to SHE standards.
- Report and determine root cause and preventive actions for all SHE occurrences.
- Manage a process of continuous improvement through deployment of the zero harm policy.
- Communicate and enforce SHE guidelines within the Business Unit.
- Responsible for Managing Conflict, Selecting & Hiring, Managing Teams, Developing Others, Delivering Change, S|H|E (& Facilities) Incident Management, S|H|E (& Facilities) Emergency Management, S|H|E Risk Management, and S|H|E Regulatory & Corporate Compliance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Safety, Health, and Environmental or related field.
- 5+ years related experiencein a manufacturing environment.
- 3+ years of experience with OSHA regulations.
- 2+ years of experience utilizing Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Experience within a multi-site, or complex business environment.
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Ability to undertake Continuous Professional Development to keep current with best practice within the industry.
- Experience with AS14001.
- Ability to communicate and influence at all levels, presenting a range of information in an engaging and meaningful manner.
Cobham'svalues of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobhamis one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trustCobhamto deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
To see all of our latest opportunities and for consideration please visitwww.cobham.com/careers
Follow us on our LinkedIn page atwww.linkedin.com/company/cobham
Job Category Operations
Primary Location US-New York-Orchard Park
Organization Cobham Mission Systems Orchard Park