If you want an exciting job with one of the largest off-price retailers in the nation, join Burlington Stores, Inc. team as a Safety Manager! The Safety Manager will be a proven safety leader whose skills and abilities allow productive communication and influence with all levels of Burlington management and executive leadership. This Associate addresses injury trends to mitigate future injury incidents toward supporting the overall business plan of achieving sales and profit objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee corporate safety programs for stores and other associated facilities. Provide training on safety related topics as needed.
- Understand OSHA regulations under 29 CFR 1910 and other regulatory bodies as necessary.
- Partners with and influences all associates, managers and executives to adhere to local, state and federal regulations, and notifies appropriate personnel when locations are not in compliance (or potentially are not in compliance).
- Reviews accident investigation reports and develops methods for mitigating additional accidents/injuries utilizing proactive safety measures.
- Coordinates, monitors and maintains OSHA Complaints, Inspection records, OSHA Logs. Answers OSHA complaints and citations as they may arise.
- As needed, provides safety awareness training for field management, store managers, and other executives, as needed, to meet safety objectives. This involves store visits and safety audits.
- Conducts store visits and advises management teams on improving safety conditions in stores and other Burlington locations
- Contributes to and participates in Safety Committees to pro-actively drive successful safety results and reduce risk exposures due to accidents.
- Responsible for coordinating the delivery of safety topics of the month to the store organization in order to meet OSHA safety training requirements.
Partners with store operations, human resources, field leaders to deliver new safety initiatives, communications, policies, etc. to the organization
Initiates and completes other duties as assigned per the Director of Safety and senior Asset Protection management team.
Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor Degree is preferred
Minimum 6 - 8 years Retail Safety Management experience with supervisory responsibilities in a medium to large multi-site national company preferred.
- Be able to interface with Federal Regulatory agencies, Law Enforcement, and Legal Professionals on safety matters that may include litigation, citations, appeals, negotiation, etc.
- Some experience and proficiency with risk management information systems (RMIS) a plus.
- Computer skills to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and other productive platforms.
- Experience in Accident Investigation including internal investigation interviews.
- Experience with development and implementation of Industrial Safety programs.
- Experience conducting OSHA-styled auditing and inspections.
- Experience and knowledge of CCTV surveillance a plus.
- Will need to be able to travel up to 50% as required within assigned Territory(s)
- Ability to work varied schedule, including nights and weekends, when required.
- Work by phone or via video/WebEx type platform (often)
…are excited to deliver great values to customers every day;
…take a sense of pride and ownership in helping drive positive results for a team;
…are committed to treating colleagues and customers with respect;
…believe in the power of diversity and inclusion;
…want to participate in initiatives that positively impact the world around you;
Come join our team. You’re going to like it here!
You will enjoy a competitive wage and comprehensive benefit package including a generous paid time off plan, a company matched 401(k) and an associate discount. We are a rapidly growing brand, and provide a variety of professional development opportunities so our associates can grow with us. We work hard and have fun together! Burlington associates make a difference in the lives of customers, colleagues, and the communities where we live and work every day. Burlington Stores, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.