Our railroad maintenance division, provides an integrated suite of railroad maintenance, project oversight, and construction services. Our clients include both freight and passenger rail.
The Safety and Training Manager will report directly to the Director of Safety and Compliance, and will assist in the oversight, implementation or revisions to safety and rules procedures and policies as well as other duties as directed by the General Manager.
- Chair TRANSDEV Safety Committee
- Generate Safety Alerts / Toolbox Safety Talks / Job Aids- Distribute via Email and Fax
- Generate a Monthly Safety Trend Analysis- Distribute by Email
- Updating System Bulletin Boards, Employee Safety Rulebook, Safety Trend Analysis and Vision System Safety Information
- Administrator of VTMI’s System Safety Program Plan
- Maintain Safety Data Sheets (SDS)
- Attend all Safety meetings internally and with Client
- Coordinate Pre-Commercial Driver (Federal Drug Screen)
- Maintain and provide updates on OSHA 300 logs
- Review Weekly Vehicle Inspections / Hy-Rail Safety Checklist / Safety Alerts, Toolbox Safety Talks for all crews adn Facility Audit
- Partner with Training Manager to develop training and ensure proper execution of the program
- Administer Random, Post Accident, Post Injury, Probable Cause D/A Screens
- Maintain and update Random Eligibility Pool
- Investigate all Incidents, Accidents, Injuries, Rule Violations and generate a report.
- Attend all Root Cause Transdev/SCRRA and develop a best practice or procedure
- Administrator for Operations Testing
- Document and Report all callouts or unusual occurrences to Metrolink Manager and TRANSDEV Management.
- Other projects and duties as required.
- Must be willing to work flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays when necessary.
Education, Licensing, and Certifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Undergraduate degree in safety, business or engineering preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years railroad experience in the MOW field required or relevant experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Roadway Worker and On-track safety procedures required.
- Valid Driver’s License required.
- Knowledge of SFRTA (or CSX) Operating and Safety Rules preferred.
- Knowledge of Federal Applicable Drug and Alcohol Regulations preferred.
- Knowledge of Roadway Worker Training, Operating Practices, Accident and Incident reporting, Hazard Communication, and OSHA standards
- Knowledge of Test and Observation procedures for maintenance of way railroad employees preferred.
- Strong ability to utilize Microsoft Office software programs
- Must pass a pre-employment physical, drug screen and criminal background check and driving record review.
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions, to lift objects weighing a minimum of 50 lbs and must have the ability to distinguish colors and to hear warning signals, radio and telephone devices.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions upon request.
Transdev is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally protected status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
Drug free workplace
If based in the United States, applicants must be eligible to work in US without restrictions for any employer at any time; be able to pass a drug screen and background check