The Safety/Quality Manager is responsible for planning and implementing the safety program to ensure a safe, healthy and accident free work environment. Must ensure overall plant compliance in all areas of safety, environmental quality and governmental compliance. Ensure products meet all customer requirements through quality systems and customer service.
Essential Functions & Key Responsibilities:
- Plans and implements organization safety policies and procedures in compliance with local, state and federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) rules and regulations.
- Plans and implements programs to train managers and employees in work site safety practices, including new hire safety and quality orientation.’
- Leads the investigation of accidents and injuries and in the preparation of material and evidence for use in investigations.
- Performs safety, SQF and quality control (AIB inspections) throughout the plant, report findings to Plant Manager, Human Resources Manager and Production Manager.
- Responsible for establishing and implanting Injury/Accident Protocol
- Compiles and reviews accident reports prior to submitting to HR to ensure complete, accurate information.
- Responsible for creating, conducting, planning and scheduling plant safety training both internally and externally.
- Responsible for reviewing and updating all plant safety policies and training to ensure they remain current.
- Work with Adjustor Supervisors to ensure safety compliance and assist in training. Educate Adjustor Supervisor in “On the Job” safety training.
- Implement and maintain company Pest Control Program, AIB Program, GSA Quality Assurance Program and other programs to meet customer requirements
- Complete root cause to address safety and quality issues and implement resolutions.
- Establish and perform quality training programs for all employees.
- Recommend corrective action with the support of the Production Manager and Human Resources Manager to ensure all quality and production policies and procedures are met and followed.
- Facilitate customer inquiries by establishing customer relationships and working with corporate customer service.
- Responsible for coordinating Industrial Hygiene Programs.
- Manage housekeeping team of 2 employees.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Prior experience as a Safety/Quality manager preferred
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience in an industrial environment preferred
- Experience using Microsoft Office products
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Eligible to work in the United States
- Successful completion of pre-employment background and drug screen
- Ability to perform the essential functions of the job with or without accommodation
#INDHP #GD #MON #LI-JO1