Mauser USA LLC
Safety, Health, Environment and Quality (SHEQ) Manager
Location: Woodbridge, NJ
Mauser USA LLC has an opportunity for a manager of Safety, Health, Environment and Quality (SHEQ) for its metal drum manufacturing facility located in Woodbridge, NJ (45 minutes south of NYC).
Mauser is a leading global supplier of industrial packaging solutions, manufacturing a variety of plastic, steel and fiber containers for a diverse customer base spanning industries including oil & gas, food & beverage, pharmaceutical and chemical, amongst others. Mauser is experiencing significant growth – both organically as well as through acquisition – therefore the opportunities for successful individuals can be significant. The organization is also planning for an upcoming Initial Public Offering (IPO) which makes this an exciting and busy time within the organization.
Mauser s products transport all kinds of materials – both benign and hazardous. For this reason, our products must be of a high quality and must meet rigorous DOT and UN requirements. They need to work and work well – every time. We also have a commitment to our employees – that they leave work the way they came to work – safely and in good health.
The newly hired SHEQ Manager will be responsible for continuing to drive cultural transformation around safety and quality will be responsible for leading these efforts at our Woodbridge facility and for implementing the safety and quality strategies as identified by corporate leadership. As Mauser NA is an ISO 9001 certified manufacturer, the SHEQ Manager will coordinate plant resources to respond to any requirements or to maintain certification.
Main Position Responsibilities:
- Utilizes standardized process controls in quality testing and process procedures.
- Enforces the adherence to policies and procedures developed at the site level based on MAUSER guidance and standards.
- Coordinates and ensures training and compliance of all site personnel to safety, environment, health, quality and process procedures and responsibilities.
- Collaborates with Safety & Quality Directors NA to ensure efforts are not duplicated but focused toward specific site SHEQ development and implementation needs.
- Collaborates with ISO Steering Committee in administering standardized processes and training.
- Provides technical information and support to internal and external customers regarding product application, compatibility, production selection and regulatory requirements.
- Works closely with Technical Services Representative and SHEQ Manager NA regarding UN/DOT, customer and quality issues.
- Adheres to Company policies and procedures.
- Communicates SHEQ topics and issues to site, Safety & Quality Directors NA and SBU Operations Management as appropriate.
- Interacts with regulatory agencies as directed.
- Maintains site Integrated Management Systems and all required documentation and records for such.
- Performs monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual reporting for MAUSER Corp. teams and/or regulatory agencies, as required.
- Serve as the site Quality Management Representative, Environmental Management Representative and Occupational Health & Safety Management Representative, as outlined by ISO and OSHAS standards.
- Collaborates with Plant Manager to address Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality issues via MAUSER's Complaint Management System, local corrective action plans and/or alert system.
- Various other duties and special projects as assigned.
Key Attributes / Behaviors
- Minimum 3-5 years in a similar role in a manufacturing environment
- In-depth knowledge of packaging production, DOT, EPA, OSHA Compliance, required testing and training
- Must be a strong leader and possess strong oral and written communication skills
- Must have prior knowledge of ISO/OSHAS procedures, specifically ISO/OSHAS 9001, 14001 and 18001
- Prior experience with safety/quality program management
- Participates in public speaking, moderating and training course delivery
- Excellent PC skills MS WORD, Excel, PowerPoint
- Strong root cause analysis methodologies and preventive/corrective/curative actions, implementations and verifications
- Strong trend data analysis
- Bachelors degree
The Mauser Group manufactures and supplies plastic, fiber, and steel drums as well as intermediate bulk containers ( IBCs ) for the chemical, industrial and food & beverage industries, among many others. With revenues of $1.5 billion, the company is also the leading provider of reconditioning services for used plastic drums and IBCs of all products. Mauser s 4,400 employees operate 98 production facilities across 18 countries in Europe, North America, Latin America, and Asia. The Mauser Group is globally headquartered in Bruehl, Germany. Mauser North America LLC is the largest business unit of the global organization.