Job DescriptionJob #: 1027118
Apex Systems is looking for a Safety Scientist II in South San Francisco, CA with one of our large biotech clients. Our clients mission is to produce effective medicines for patients with serious illnesses. If you are interested in applying for this position, please reach out to recruiter Ashlyn Hardman at email@example.com
- Demonstrates behaviors consistent with values and engenders confidence from senior management
- Actively emulate and role model the values, culture (mindset and behavior), core competencies and PD/PDS strategy and drive for similar performance across relevant team
- Understands how safety activities contribute to company development and commercialization goals and takes measures to maximize safety value to the organization
- Demonstrates independence and high competence in the conduct of all safety science responsibilities
- Ensures all actions are conducted in alignment with quality management systems
- Develop and maintain knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry and drug development, including a comprehensive knowledge of pharmacovigilance activities and requirements
- Trains and mentors more junior members of the safety team
• Takes on responsibility for more complex deliverables
- Takes on leadership responsibility in order to manage and complete low to medium priority projects
- Establish and maintain collaborative working relationships with all key stakeholders, and internal and external customers and ensure the same across relevant teams
- Consistently comply with all governing laws, regulations, standard operating procedures (SOPs) and other guidelines
- Willing to challenge embedded behaviors/mindsets, in order to bring new and agile approaches to ways of working, and/or to improve quality and efficiency.
- Holds themselves and peers accountable for their behaviors and actions.
Education: Minimum Qualifications: Qualified healthcare professional or Life Sciences graduate. Preferred Qualifications: A relevant postgraduate qualification (e.g. PHD/MSc in a Life sciences discipline; Medical qualification; PharmD or other post-graduate health professional qualifications)
Hours Per Day: 8.00
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178.