Who is KIK?
KIK creates products and brands that people trust to care for themselves, their families, and their homes. KIK offers leading brands and high-quality products that care for the everyday need of the consumers. KIK is committed to a culture of performance where collaboration, agility, and responsiveness are the cornerstones of success.
KIK Personal Care is a market leading North American product developer, formulator and manufacturing partner for personal care and prestige beauty products serving global CPG companies and fast-growing asset-light brand owners. We have an extensive footprint of 8 manufacturing sites across the U.S. and Canada with a rigorous focus on quality. Our capabilities include a broad range of packaging formats (including aerosol and liquids) in multiple product categories (including hair, skin, bath and beauty, oral care, sun care and OTC). The products we make are distributed by our customers globally across all retail channels including mass, food, drug, specialty, wholesale and prestige (professional salons, spas, beauty specialty and department stores). Our goal is to always delight our customers and consumers with innovative high quality products and exceptional service.
The Elkhart site consists of two different campus and employs approximately 800+ people. Elkhart's plants blend, fill and package a wide variety aerosol and liquid personal care, pharmaceutical, and OTC consumer packaged goods and is an FDA regulated facility.
The Safety Specialist, (internally titled HESS Specialist), assists the HESS Manager with all company environmental, health and safety compliance efforts and with review and abatement of corporate matrix audit findings and other outside agencies.
Essential Job Functions
- Administrates and manages the functional aspects of facility waste disposal program.
- Manages paperwork associated with HESS programs including proper waste disposal documentation, near miss reports, incident investigation and other records to document compliance with facility permits, corporate requirements and governmental regulations.
- Assists facility HESS manager with Worker’s Compensation/WSIB / Disability Management Program by administering claims management with emphasis on early and safe return to work program, medical management, modified duties requirements, re-employment obligations.
- Ensures that all joint HESS committee minutes, audits, Near Miss corrective actions are followed up on in a timely fashion.
- Participates in the facility HESS Audits on an on-going basis.
- Assists Facility HESS Manager with the performance of all legislative EHS training as outlined in the facility training matrix
- Assist Facility HESS Manager with follow up on all Accident / Incident reports to ensure that they are completed, investigated and that recommended preventative measures are acted upon.
- Coordinates training Spill Response Awareness Training & Waste Management Training
- Assists departments with spill reporting/processing reports/investigation and ensuring the necessary supplies such as spill kits, first aid supplies and proper training
- Bachelor degree (or higher) required in Safety Management or Safety related field (Industrial Hygeine,Engineering,etc.)
- 0-1 years of safety compliance experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Environmental experience/knowledge a plus.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of applicable federal, state and local health and safety regulations.
- Experience in the chemicals or consumer products industry is a plus.
- Experience with process safety management requirements is a plus.
- Self-driver focusing on continuous improvement.
- Ability to collaborate, work beyond obstacles and build trust with impacted departments.
- Ability to drive change by taking projects from proposal to implementation
- Manufacturing industry & Lean background a plus
- Available & able to be on call as the business requires
Thank you for your interest and consideration of a career with KIK!
KIK is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and is committed to seeking diversity in its workforce by attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified candidates and employees without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, ethnic or national origin, marital or familial status, veteran status or any other status protected by law.