The Safety Supervisor provides expertise and technical assistance to NEMS for the implementation of all safety programs that meets or exceeds all current standards. S/he represents the company in all safety matters pertaining to internal and external activities. S/he reviews, interprets and provides assistance on safety regulations and standards. This person will monitor company safety performance and conducts project audits and safety inspections. In addition, this role will supervise the Security team.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Establishes and implement safety and emergency management protocols across the organization.
• Identifies company safety training needs, develops and coordinates safety training programs including facility safety, clinical safety, and emergency
• Maintains current knowledge of local, state, federal, OSHA, NIMS, and other emergency related regulations; understands best practices and make
recommendations to NEMS management about safety and emergency mitigation, preparedness/training, response, and recovery activities.
• Develops and conducts table top exercises, small group trainings, and large group trainings on emergency protocols, Incident Command System and
• Develops and manages internal emergency and safety policies and procedures, business continuity plan, and other written documents as needed.
• Attends community meetings and participates in other external emergency planning groups, task forces, and committees as needed.
• Partners with clinical department on hazardous material training, performs quarterly inspections and communicate on recommended repairs
• Meets with government related auditors and inspectors for clinic hazards and Safety such as DPH and SF Environment related officials
• Participates in clinical safety policy development
• Stays up to date on safety protocols for all departments across NEMS
• Works with the Chief Financial Officer to implement business continuity plan.
• Directs supervision of a department, with responsibility for results in terms of costs, methods and personnel, in accordance with the organization's
policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing and hiring of employees; planning, assigning, scheduling, and directing work;
appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• Within one year, must be able to: (1) obtain on-line certification in ergonomic assessments; (2) complete OSHA-related compliance training; and (3)
obtain Incident Command System (ICS) certification.
• Performs other job duties as required by manager/supervisor.
• Completion of a Bachelor’s degree in Health Science, Environmental Science or related field preferred
• 1 year of experience as a Safety Coordinator or similar role preferred
• 1+ year supervisory experience highly preferred
• Knowledge of emergency/safety management concepts, terminology, and basic procedures
• Certification in ergonomic assessment preferred
• Certification in HAM radio and emergency communication systems preferred
• Must have strong public speaking and training development skills
• Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
• Must be proficient in computer usage
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
• Possession of a current and valid driver’s license
• Must be able to fluently read, write and speak English
• The ability to speak a second language is an asset
• The ability to speak Chinese (Cantonese and/or Mandarin) highly preferred
This is an FLSA exempt position.
This is not an OSHA high-risk position.
NEMS is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer welcoming diversity in our workforce. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
NEMS BENEFITS: Competitive benefits, including free medical, dental and vision insurance for employee, spouse and/or children; and company contribution to 401(k).