Position Title: Sage Specialist
Job type: Full-time
Work authorization: United States (required)
Location: Sun Valley, CA
PMC Global, Inc. is a privately-held management company and resource partner with corporate offices in three states and more than 20 subsidiaries in 10 U.S. states and 17 countries.
Purpose: Act as the Sage Subject Matter Expert and review the current state and use of Sage 100. Gathers and translates business requirements into system solutions, and applies expert knowledge of system functionality, process improvements, best practices and works with business leaders to enhance the effectiveness of the system.
- Perform Sage implementation, installation engagements, interacting directly with senior-level client personnel throughout implementations.
- Senior level experience with Sage 100 (installs; upgrades; etc.) and able to utilize Sage admin utilities
- Troubleshoot implementations and provide support by developing business solutions
- Create Sage 100 Crystal Reports
- Effectively and timely support clients with technical support issues and needs.
- Manage various clients concurrently with aggressive timelines to achieve objectives including client satisfaction and implementation profitability.
- Partner with other consultants to assess client implementation needs, craft innovative solutions that span different subject matter domains and implement these plans to exceed the client's expectations.
- Outline implementation objectives, issues, findings and recommendations in a variety of client situations.
- Provide customer training as needed.
- Work with technical developers on potential customizations to the product.
- Maintain awareness of technical trends and issues in the area of ERP products and applies that knowledge to client issues and solutions.
- Identify areas where automated data-driven insights can be provided to empower business groups to make faster & more informed decisions to increase financial success.
- Must be willing to work onsite
- Bachelors degree in Business, Accounting, Information Technology or work-related experience
- 5-7 years of experience working with Sage 100 and resolving Sage related issues
- Familiar with Sage 100 production management
- Working knowledge of distribution and manufacturing processes
- Core understanding of IT services such as Microsoft server technology
- Good understanding of production; system knowledge
- Detailed-oriented, adept at troubleshooting and resolving issues and defects
- Enthusiastic about customer service and have a passion for improving client satisfaction
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex, multidisciplinary ERP projects
- Able to prioritize projects and multitask
- Must be a deep diver into complex technical rules
- Comfortable both with asking for help when needed
- Problem solver; operates well in difficult situations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Understands the need for integrity and demonstrates awareness of ethical implications in all situations
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Typical office environment, mostly indoor office environment with windows, offices with equipment noise, offices with frequent interruptions. The department atmosphere is quiet, friendly, and collaborative but hardworking.
We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life Insurance, paid vacation and sick days, paid holidays, and 401(k).
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, or disability.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
About the company:
PMC Global, Inc. is a privately held management company and resource partner with corporate offices in three states and more than 20 subsidiaries in 10 U.S. states and 17 countries. From its roots in the early stages of the plastics polymer modification industry a half century ago, PMC has branched out through start-ups and strategic acquisitions to dominate select markets in plastics/chemicals, manufacturing, food service, packaging, and finance. PMC and its subsidiaries employ more than 3,500 worldwide.