CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the world’s best networking company by solving customers’ increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers’ trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
Do you have an interest in sales but want to apply your technical skills? Launch your sales career with the CenturyLink Sales Academy – Sales Engineer Program! We are currently seeking driven and highly motivated individuals to join our sales team and grow your career with a Fortune 200 Company. Participate in an immersive CenturyLink Enterprise Sales Academy to learn the technical and professional fundamentals to facilitate success. Learn through classroom, Virtual Instructor-Led (VILT), and On-the-Job Training (OJT) of CenturyLink’s full product and solution portfolio. Sales, Business and Technical training courses will increase overall knowledge of CenturyLink solutions and go-to-market strategies. The possibilities are endless!
About Our Sales Academy Program Experience:
- Temporary relocation to our Broomfield, CO office for our classroom based – 12 week training program.
- Learn technical and professional fundamentals for success from proven sales leaders.
- Understand CenturyLink’s full product and solutions portfolio to increase overall knowledge for go-to market strategies.
- Network with a group of other sales trainees, sales leaders and business executives.
- Transition into an Engineering Support Associate role in a major U.S. market territory Nashville, TN after the completion of the Sales Academy training program.
Sound Interesting? Specifics for our Sales Engineer Role:
- Work with the Sales and Sales Engineering teams to develop and document customer requirements, solution designs, service configurations, and project scopes of work in support of the delivery of network and IT solutions to Customers.
- Assist field Sales Engineering teams to identify and develop additional revenue opportunities.
- As needed, provide general discovery, support, and education to customers and internal Centurylink personnel on questions or issues arising from services sold.
- Research, define and document service change requests where needed in support of service modification.
- Work with customer and company personnel to help identify and define technical problems, determine and design the solution and assist customer in implementing the fix.
- Collaborate with the Sales and Sales Engineering teams to uncover and define customer solution and business development strategies, including the recommendation and communication of technology roadmaps to Customers.
- Where needed, present Centurylink capabilities, solution concepts, and technology roadmaps to both internal and external audiences in both formal and informal business settings
- Upon request, participate in marketing and networking events and activities with Customer technical and business contacts.
- Provide continuous feedback to Sales Engineering leadership on where processes, services, tools, and capabilities can be improved or evolved to ensure ongoing improvement in Sales Engineering efficiency and service innovation
What you will need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s Degree; Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Telecom, Networking or similar business technology discipline
- Recent graduate preferred
- Basic working understanding of communications, cloud, application, and/or information technologies and design
- Ability and ambition to thrive in a fast paced, complex sales environment.
- Strong communication skills with ability to convey business and technology concepts to a wide range of audiences and skillsets; comfort level with speaking or presenting in an engaging manner to groups of professionals
- Conveys a sense of urgency, responsiveness and drives issues to closure.
- A self-starter who is motivated to excel in Enterprise Business Sales; comfortable initiating and developing relationships with other industry and business professionals
- Attention to detail
- Strong time management and ability to prioritize
What is in it for you?
- Part of an entrepreneurial team, responsible for managing a designated existing customer base.
- Uncapped earning potential; you will be empowered to grow financially through the ability to deliver complex and robust product solutions backed by world class technology and infrastructure.
- Continued mentoring and growth/development through, Instructor-led, web-based and hands-on training - all designed to help you gain new experiences
Alternate Location: US-Tennessee-Nashville
Requisition #: 215353
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.