Want to work for a company that is reimagining distribution? Join Univar Solutions, the premier global distributor of chemicals and ingredients. Our goal is to function as a direct extension of our customers’ teams; to serve as an ally in their quest of business success.
At Univar Solutions, we’re building on our more than 90 years of experience and drawing on deep resources – inventory and logistics experts, scientists, PhDs, procurement, customer service, sales and marketers-to deliver consultative services and an unmatched portfolio to solve customers’ formulation and operational challenges. When you work for Univar Solutions, you’ll play an important role in shaping how we deliver more than chemical and ingredients.
We invite you to join our team as a Sales Account Manager in our Bulk Chemical Distribution (BCD) line of business.
NOTE: This role can be based in Chicago, Wisconsin or Minnesota.
- Responsible for delivering Volume and Delivered Gross Profit growth over prior year for BCD products.
- Executes the BCD sales strategy around products and markets to profitably grow a defined territory or assigned customer base.
- Focus on development of new customers, in addition to maintaining the base business of the territory.
- Employs a consultative sales approach that focuses on building a long term, value-based relationship with accounts, penetrating them for further business and maximizing margin creation while reducing the time and costs in managing them.
- Actively manage a territory and interact with key internal and external business associates including their Sales Director, Product Management, other Verticals and the Shared Service (Customer Service/Ops) team to efficiently and effectively support and fulfill our customer needs.
- Sell deep into accounts by developing multiple contacts at various levels of management and functional groups.
- Sell the Univar Solutions Value Proposition
- Ensure prospects and customers are properly qualified, including safety and environmental performance, as well as financial worthiness.
- Maintain adequate pipeline to ensure Churn (new business vs. lost business) outperforms territory goals.
- Utilize discretion with company funds for entertainment and travel as outlined in the Company Travel and Expense policy.
- Identify, aggregate and report on all BCD product opportunities.
- Own and execute on Annual Volume and DGP goals.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent business experience
- In-depth knowledge of chemical distribution business
- Minimum of 5 years of proven sales and marketing experience; bulk chemical commodity experience preferred
- Demonstrated success driving sales growth
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills and the ability to develop strong, successful business relationships with customers as well as internal teammates
- Excellent computer skills including MS Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint as well as CRM platforms such as Salesforce.com
- Ability to manage time and resources effectively in order to achieve goals
- Strong business acumen, including an understand of the business relationship between manufacturers, distributors and end-users of chemical products and services
- Well-honed listening skills and a problem-solving attitude to uncover needs and motivations to overcome objections in order to close a sale
- Effective negotiation skills that allow Univar to realize appropriate value for products and services
- Must be willing to travel up to 70%
Univar Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected classification.
We offer comprehensive benefits to employees including medical, dental, STD, LTD and life insurance, 401k, generous PTO and much more.