Are you a sales leader and ready to help us drive our businessforward?
Apply Now and move your career forward with Airgas as a Sales AccountManager based out of our Cedar Rapids, IA branch!
Local territory/home every night!
Responsible formanaging the sales process and driving profitable sales growth within anassigned sales territory to both existing and new Airgas customers. You will meetand exceed both corporate and regional objectives for profitable sales growth,A/R management, and customer retention in your territory.
- Develops and executes sales plans utilizing Airgas’ sales directives and guidelines in order to service existing accounts, obtain orders, and establish new accounts. Qualifies and pursues sales leads.
- Cultivates customer relationships by developing a deep knowledge of the customer’s business and establishing a consultative relationship.
- Engages customers by linking the customer’s business priorities to the Airgas value proposition.
- Prepares sales proposals by quoting pricing, establishing credit terms, and estimated date of delivery to customer based on knowledge of Airgas’ production/delivery schedules and logistics.
- Keeps current with industry insights, current Airgas product mixes, monitors competition by gathering current relevant marketplace intelligence including information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, and merchandising techniques.
- Partners with internal resources to accomplish growth objectives. Establishes and maintains clear and consistent lines of communication with internal departments relative to customer successes, customer opportunities, new customer developments and other customer specific information.
- Maintains and submits sales reports (daily call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual territory analyses) as required by District Manager through SAP.
- Actively reviews and manages existing customer Accounts Receivable balances to help minimize Airgas working capital investment and financial risk.
What you will have:
- Bachelor’s degree required. In lieu of degree, consideration for up to 4 years of additional related experience may be accepted.
- Minimum of 3 years of prior outside business-to-business sales experience to include proven experience and success in solution-selling concepts and a demonstrated history of managing customers throughout a defined sales territory.
- Familiarity with industrial and specialty gases, industrial gas / welding supply sales a plus.
- Proven success using aconsultative sales approach providing multiple layers of value to a customer to establish a mix sales solutions and products
- Proven success of using their deep knowledge of customer's business, current macro- and microeconomic trends, industry trends, and potential new business opportunities.
- Working knowledge of SAP is a plus.
- Must have excellent organizational, written and oral communication, listening and presentation skills.
- Self-starter; self-motivated, operates with a sense of urgency; ability to work and succeed independently.
- Reliable transportation, current driver’s license, minimum liability insurance as required by state of vehicle registration.
- Frequent local and regional travel (50-60% of work time); minimal overnight travel.
- Lives by Airgas safety programs, OSHA, and all related rules, regulations, procedures which are applicable to this position’s responsibilities.
We take care of you:
Airgas offers a full benefits package that includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Termand Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k)Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Assistance and much more...!
Who we are:
Airgas, an Air Liquidecompany, is the leading U.S. supplier of industrial, medical and specialtygases, as well as hardgoods and related products; one of the largest U.S.suppliers of safety products; and a leading U.S. supplier of ammonia productsand process chemicals.
Dedicated to improving the performance of its more than one millioncustomers, Airgas safely and reliably provides products, services and expertisethrough its more than 18,000 associates, over 1,100 locations, robuste-Business platform, and Airgas Total Access® telesales channel. As an AirLiquide company, the world leader in gases, technology and services forIndustry and Health, Airgas offers customers an unrivaled global footprint andindustry-leading technology and innovations.
Check out what a career at Airgas can offer you!
What do our TeamMembers have to say about being part of the team?
“Great place to workwith great growth potential” - Director, Atlanta
“Opportunity toadvance and a great safety program” - Driver, Cheshire
“Fun people to workwith and flexible management” - Sales Specialist
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability