Want to work for a company that is reimagining distribution? Join Univar Solutions, the premier global distributor of chemicals and ingredients. Our goal is to function as a direct extension of our customers’ teams; to serve as an ally in their quest of business success.
At Univar Solutions, we’re building on our more than 90 years of experience and drawing on deep resources – inventory and logistics experts, scientists, PhDs, procurement, customer service, sales and marketers-to deliver consultative services and an unmatched portfolio to solve customers’ formulation and operational challenges. When you work for Univar Solutions, you’ll play an important role in shaping how we deliver more than chemical and ingredients.
We invite you to join our MiniBulk sales team as a Sales Account Manager.
- Builds profitable sales in an assigned territory through additional sales with current customers and demonstrates commitment to prospecting and new business development.
- Employs a consultative sales approach that focuses on building a long term, value-based relationship with accounts, penetrating them for further business and maximizing the margin they create while reducing the time and costs in managing them.
- Enhance Univar USA’s position within each account using consultative and in-depth selling at all levels within the account
- Prospect for new business; conduct sales calls and actively grow the size of your territory
- Maintain a clear updated view of your sales pipeline
- Grow size of territory in accordance with Univar targets
- Focus on customer retention and improving overall customer satisfaction
- Provide customer technical support and consultant services to increase our overall value to the customer
- Responsible for setting pricing and service levels, as well as maintaining and coordinating customer quotations or providing necessary information to allow local branches to do so.
- Responsible for coordination with Local Sales, Purchasing, and Operations to insure proper inventory levels and overall customer satisfaction.
- Communicate clearly as needed to insure local Univar USA employees and customer contacts are aware of account activity and any actions required to successfully service the customer.
- Build effective customer relationships through business calls and effective customer engagement
- Commitment to safety, both personal and of your colleagues
- Willing to make cold calls and gain access to new accounts
- Minimum of 5-10 years’ experience in a sales position with a proven track record of success.
- Bachelor’s degree (Engineering background, Chemistry preferred)
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate an extensive network of contacts and drive new business growth
- Demonstrated experience as both an effective leader and team player
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills and the ability to develop strong, successful business relationships with customers as well as internal teammates
- Excellent computer skills including MS Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint as well as CRM platforms such as Salesforce.com
- Ability to manage time and resources effectively in order to achieve goals
- Strong business acumen, including an understand of the business relationship between manufacturers, distributors and end-users of chemical products and services
- Well-honed listening skills and a problem-solving attitude to uncover needs and motivations to overcome objections in order to close a sale
- Effective negotiation skills that allow Univar to realize appropriate value for products and services, rather than resorting to price-based selling
Univar Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected classification.
We offer comprehensive benefits to employees including medical, dental, STD, LTD and life insurance, 401k, generous PTO and much more.