Sales Development Program (Grow Our Own)
Looking to start your career in industrial sales?
Successful entry level sales candidates will begin their career with SunSource in our Sales Training Program, which we call Grow Our Own, at the training hub within a specific branch location (Addison, IL, Houston, TX, Savage, MN Denver, CO, Detroit, MI to name a few possible locations). Within the first nine months, you will participate in a sequence of sales and technical fluid power development activities that will put you on the path to learn about our products, our industry, and the diverse markets we serve across the country. In addition, you will learn SunSource�s sales methodology and processes, including prospecting, territory planning and management, negotiation, and account management strategies. This is followed by another 2-3 months working in the field with our veteran sales representatives for hands on application. Upon successful completion of training, they will be promoted to an Account Manager position that puts you in complete control of your career.
The Sales Development Program starts early January of 2018. This is what you can expect from the program:
- Transfer or relocate to various locations throughout the U.S. (you will need to be open to relocation)
- Gain high visibility to senior leadership
- Receive continuous mentorship and support
- Follow a clear path to career growth
This is what will be expected of you:
- Work to develop the sales characteristics that will contribute to your success
- Working with other managers will receive direction on subjects related to the rotational experience
- Work in different departments to gain perspective, including Marketing, Sales, Customer Service, Service & Repair, and Operations
- Fluid power technology training to support or value-add philosophy
- Minimum 2 years Associate�s Degree from technical college, 4 year Industrial Distribution or Engineering technology program preferred; alternatively one to two years of related experience (internship) and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Desire to pursue or further their career in technical sales
- Strong technical aptitude; much of what we do requires basic understanding of mechanical and/or electrical principles in industrial environments
- Industrious entrepreneur spirit with the resilience and drive to succeed
- Strong communication, presentation, and phone skills and business etiquette awareness
- Willingness to be open to relocation
SunSource�s history of accomplishment and continued growth means that we give the best condition to energetic, driven people to be effective in their role. We pride ourselves on a culture that provides opportunities for development and advancement of our associates. In addition, we build meaningful relations with our customers, suppliers and internal associates.
We are all bound by a pledge to a common mission toward providing the highest quality products and services within our industry and achieving the company�s growth objectives.
So if you are a self-motivated individual and effective in achieving customer service success through your professional accomplishments then we want to hear from you!
Would you rather see what we have to offer? Check out SunSource Core Competency video
WE PARTICIPATE IN E-VERIFY PROGRAM
Keywords: "sales trainee", "rotational program", "management trainee", "training program", "account manager training", "sales development"