Position: Sales Agent
Organization: Green Mountain Energy
Location: Portland, Oregon
Details: Part-time job in the renewable energy sector
Start Date: Immediate
Application Deadline: ongoing
Compensation: Guaranteed base pay + commission. Average starting wage is $18/hour, top earners make up to $30/hour or more on average.
Green Mountain Energy Company is the nation's longest serving retail provider of cleaner electricity.
Are you interested in working for a cause you believe in and being paid well in the process? Resumes are accepted on an ongoing basis and will be reviewed immediately upon receipt. For general information about Green Mountain Energy, check out our website at www.greenmountain.com.
- Sincere desire to help protect the environment
- Basic understanding/knowledge of renewable energy
- Intelligent & articulate, with strong aptitude for understanding technology & doing quick calculations
- Friendly, outgoing personality with good sense of humor
- High level of personal integrity (honesty and reliability are a must)
- Energetic, motivated, team player
- Available to work evenings &/or weekends, 20-25 hours/wk
- Available at least four to five days per week
- Access to reliable transportation and personal e-mail account
- Bilingual Spanish speakers encouraged to apply
- EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
- Personal satisfaction of knowing that you are making an environmental/health difference!
- Good pay and performance based bonus potential (hourly base + commission)
- 401K benefits available, one year eligibility requirements
- Flexible hours and work days (weekday afternoons/evenings and weekends)
- Ability to work independently while being part of a team
- Opportunity to work at fun events alongside fun colleagues
In March of 2002 Green Mountain Energy partnered up with PGE to offer Oregonians two 100% renewable power plans. To date, over 140,000 PGE customers have signed up for renewable power and the numbers keep rising. In 2013 alone, we effectively prevented approximately 1,322,459,868 pounds of carbon dioxide from being produced - that's like not driving a car for more than 1,475,729,091 miles!
We are looking for motivated part-time Sales Agents to help drive our grassroots marketing/promotions campaign in the Portland metro area. This job involves either canvassing neighborhoods in our courtesy knock program, or tabling at storefronts, festivals, street fairs, farmers markets, and concerts. You are not just selling renewable energy plans - you are making people aware of the fact that they have a choice, and you are educating people about the importance of renewable energy and the need for its growth.
In Oregon we have partnered with PGE to offer customers 100% renewable electricity, derived exclusively from cleaner sources such as wind, geothermal, and solar power. Our mixture of energy is from new renewable resources which drive development for other new renewables, unlike most electricity which is produced from the burning of coal and other fossil fuels. In the U.S., generating electricity causes more emissions of carbon dioxide than all the cars and trucks on the roads combined. The over production of carbon dioxide, a greenhouse gas, is largely believed to be responsible for global warming.